Kenwood KA-7150

Gamsma

I bought a Kenwood KA-7150 the other day and had trouble with the left channel, there was either no volume or very low volume. I took it to my service tech and they cleaned all the pots and switches. When I got it home it was still doing the same thing except the problem sometimes occurs on the right channel also. I took it back to the tech.

Today I received a call telling me the speaker switch is failing. They say they cannot find a replacement (not a surprise to me on an amp this old.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there any replacement available?

Thanks for any replies or help.

I've worked on 100 of these and never seen a bad speaker switch. It's always dirty switches (not worn out or broken switches) and old worn-out speaker relays (replacement can be had from Mouser or Digikey).

I'd find another tech. This one sounds clueless.

Ka-7150

I've worked on 100 of these and never seen a bad speaker switch. It's always dirty switches (not worn out or broken switches) and old worn-out speaker relays (replacement can be had from Mouser or Digikey).

I'd find another tech. This one sounds clueless.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been taking my equipment to a tech that Kenwood lists on their website. Mostly I have been very happy with their work. I am beginning though to wonder as this is the second amp (other is a Kenwood KA-4006) I have taken there and been told that the fault is with the speaker switch and they cannot find a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom