Consumer vs pro amplifiers

walleyeny

Well this is my {IMO} , I've always been amazed at the consumer Yamaha amplifiers . The m-85 / M-65 / M80 ect . Read a lot of great reviews on the amplifiers and always were used in my main setup { Highly regarded } . In the past year I've read many threads and posts on the pro amplifiers by Yamaha . Not a ton of information with reviews but enough to keep on the look out for one . Well this past week I picked up two Yamaha p2200 's . Gosh they looked very impressive . Any how I hooked one up , turned on a CD and sat back to the sound . WOW was I ever disappointed with the sound { Using a c85 / ADS 810'S } i It lacked all bass a super slight hum and very high treble in the sound . I thought to my self Oh boy did I ever waste my money again {SO MANY TIMES PURCHASED GEAR BY OTHERS REVIEWS ONLY TO BE A HUGH DISAPPOINTMENT }. I tried everything couldn't get the sound I thought that it as least should have {to surpass at least the m-85 } I left the room returned later on . I removed the one amp and replaced it with the other p2200 . Well I was hoping the sound wouldn't be like the other amp . Again put on the cd and waited for the music . "WOWWWWW " ! Now we are talking , my mouth dropped thats how much an improvement it was over any other amplifier I ever purchased . Like listening to music all over again .
Really super impressed with the Yamaha Pro amplifier . Will never at this point purchase a Yamaha consumer Amp unless { M101 ? MX10.,000. } Als i was lucky enough to purchase two amps . I read people say the pro amp lacks this or that . TRUST ME IF ITS WORKING AS IT SHOULD ITS NOT LACKING ANYTHING . The YAMAHA PRO AMPS ARE WAY WAY , UNDER THE RADAR . I just want to let others know { IMO} get one if working correct you will be happy VERY VERY HAPPY ! Sorry about my english and typing skils. I hope I helped one person with what I have said . How would anyone know what it should sound like if you never heard one before {working correctly } Again I was lucky enough to get two , other wise I would have never known how outstanding the YAMAHA PRO AMPS ARE ! And thank you for letting me know about the pro amps .

I love my PC2002M's. They sound great.

All were non-functioning when purchased because the glue had destroyed some diodes. Replaced all of the electrolytic caps, removed all of the glue, replaced a few defective diodes, replaced the incandescent lights with LEDs. Well worth the effort.

Ding, Ding, Ding... we have a winner!!! Having done pro-audio work/live sound reinforcement for 30 years, I have never carried the prejudice against pro amps that many people have. A good quality pro amp will sound as good as a good quality home amp, and will tolerate much more severe operating conditions. They may not be as aesthetically pleasing to look at, and they may employ cooling fans to keep chassis size and weight down, but by the time the fans engage, the music is so loud you will never hear them anyways.

I'm a Crown and Carver guy, but Yammie made/makes some nice pro amps... ENJOY!!!

My Crown XLS1500 made my Magnepan MG12's sing like no consumer amp that I tried. 90% of the time, the fan didn't even come on. And when it did, it was dead silent.

Awesome amps...

I've also got a Yamaha p2250...it has a fan and I never heard any fan noise on it either.

I had a P2200 as my sole amp for about 30 years and loved it. I did a blind AB test (many years ago) with a very high end 240wpc Van Alstine amp and several of us could hear no difference.

Back
Top Bottom