Rca jack upgrade for c-4

bob06

Addicted Member
This is how I came up with a way to change RCA jacks on a C-4. I use the original black plastic RCA's. I cut both ends off file them smooth then drill them out to accept the new gold rca's. They ended up being the perfect length to fit. I had to make the holes bigger in the PCB. But they line up pefect. The two MM phono holes in the PCB don't line up so i had to drill new holes and they will need jumper wires. I'm waiting for more RCA jacks then I will show the finished piece. Heres some picture to get the idea.

Last edited:
And a couple more. You can see i installed a IEC plug and i put a plate over the hole for the ground. I ordered two ground post from Vampire Wire that i will install. It will have double grounds just like the C2-x. :smoke:

Last edited:
Did you get all the jacks from vampirewire? Looks good!!:thmbsp:

No. To much $. I bought some off the bay. They are cheapys but a lot better than the stock ones.

I thought about making a hole new mounting plate out of ABS but would be more work measuring and lining everything up. This way the holes are already there just had to drill them bigger for the RCA's. Looks like it will work real slick. The RCA's and there grounds will all end up in the original holes.

Great job! Looks about like what I was going to attempt on my c-4. The stock C-4 has better RCA terminals than my C-85 and C-2x. I used some ebay terminals on my C-85 but used Connex terminals on the C-2x. I think the Connex are a good price mid point.

One more little tweak and you're done ...

I find that a drop of DeOxit Gold works wonders for connectivity. Just a touch of the brush on each jack ring AND the cable center pin, then plug in the cable and give it a bit of a twist for full coverage.

I'm sure theres a improvement. On the stock RCA's the ground strap is just bent over not soldered. Some of them were loose. That can cause cutouts. Just didn't want to start a war.:D

Just received my RCA's. Now I can finish it. I was informed from Vampire Wire that the ground posts are back ordered for 4 to 5 weeks. I hate it when sellers advertise things for sale and don't stock that Item.:nono: I will have pictures soon of the finish C-4.:banana:

Back
Top Bottom