Infinity 3b parts question and a few other questions

jethro_3

Long time lurker, first real post. Feel completely intimidated in this knowledgeable group. I did some searching already and was not successful finding what i am looking for. I know someone has already run into these situations

Questions:

1) Doing a cosmetic rehab on a set of slightly used RS-3b's. Wondering if there is a direct replacement for the ball/socket grill attachment system so I can buy 2 ball ends or do I need to start from scratch on a new set?

2) Started my speaker craze with a Bose 321 and decided that was weak and then began my trek through the Infinity speakers that I remember growing up with.
>First set RS-6b's found local, in man cave with pioneer sx-780.
>Next set RS-5B's 350 miles away, getting ready to sell as soon as the 3B's get rehabbed.
>Third set purchased is the RS-4b's that I picked up over 1800 miles from home... family vacation.
>And then for the final set the RS-3b's 270 miles from home.
***The question is does anyone have a clean picture of the RS series brochure showing the 3b, 4b, 5b and the 6b all in the same picture? I want to recreate that picture before I sell the 5b's.

3) And then the final question. I have a totally reconditioned Pioneer sx-950 with the 3b's and the 4b's which both have been gone through by a VERY competent speaker guru . I have read the comments that these things are power hungry.
***Do I have enough to drive this set up or do I need some amp/preamp set up? Not that I want to have more cowbell but if it is needed to keep the system safely/properly operating please help me.

Thank you for any and all constructive help.

grill attachment...i got mine from ebay, ball was a tad smaller than original so i just added a little piece of foam on the grill (hole) and it fits fine...

3b's not all that power hungry...moderately hungry...

receiver isn't the best way to go but you should be ok unless you are jamming this thing at 3:00 on the dial...(what are the specs...?)...you should have at least 150 watts into 4 ohms to run these properly...

Last edited:
Spec: 85w @ 4ohm. 110 @ 4 ohm.

I can't get past 3 out of 10 before wife and kids "advise me" to lower the volume...... I prefer quality before blowing ears out. I always run BOTH sets of speakers at the same time as it fills the room with a more complete sound.

ideas?

don't run 4 speakers when running the IIIb's....then you will hurt something...

not sure what you mean with "more complete sound" anyway, I'd advise against it...

Back
Top Bottom