Yamaha NS 30X speakers

2tumsup

Picked these up yesterday. In fairly decent shape cosmetically and was unable to hook them up until I got home.
Funny, looks like I washed my NS1000M's and they shrunk.
Anyway, after cleaning them up a bit, hooked them up at very low volume and gradually increased the volume. Sounded pretty good and then with a bit more volume I noticed the tweeters weren't producing any sound but they were still sounding pretty good without any top end.
I was going to remove the tweeters to check/test but I don't have the proper bit to fit the screws that hold them in. #15 bit too small and #20 too big so I'm kind of stuck.
These are pretty rare and I'm wondering A: what other type of tweeter would be a good match if these are in fact fried or B: could it be just a crossover or some other issue.
thanks in advance

Picked these up yesterday. In fairly decent shape cosmetically and was unable to hook them up until I got home.
Funny, looks like I washed my NS1000M's and they shrunk.
Anyway, after cleaning them up a bit, hooked them up at very low volume and gradually increased the volume. Sounded pretty good and then with a bit more volume I noticed the tweeters weren't producing any sound but they were still sounding pretty good without any top end.
I was going to remove the tweeters to check/test but I don't have the proper bit to fit the screws that hold them in. #15 bit too small and #20 too big so I'm kind of stuck.
These are pretty rare and I'm wondering A: what other type of tweeter would be a good match if these are in fact fried or B: could it be just a crossover or some other issue.
thanks in advance

FYI

There is a set for sale on the Vancouver CL: Yamaha NS-30X Loudspeakers - $xxx (Coquitlam)

Posted - 2013-06-06, 2:00PM PDT

Back
Top Bottom