Any Reel guys interested in a tape swap?

For others wanting to hear Beatles Mono that do not have 2 track 15ips machines, I could do a one direction 7.5ips tape from the 4 LPs I have purchased so far (Sgt. Pepper, Revolver, Rubber Soul and Beatles for Sale.) I will probably add Help and A Hard Day's Night later today after getting my paycheck in my hands. Let me make sure I have a decent 10.5" tape that isn't too ratty.

I would like to listen to it. PM or Skype me if you need a tape. I am playing The Beatles For Sale FLAC CD you made from your Original Master Recording MFSL Lp. :music:

I've been enjoying Analog's tape this week as well, good stuff!!!!

Just a head's up, I will remind again, but Friday is shipping day again!

Greetings! It appears you people are having all kinds of fun! Do you allow new people to join in this tape swap club? If so I'd be very interested in participating. Thanks. Craig

Greetings! It appears you people are having all kinds of fun! Do you allow new people to join in this tape swap club? If so I'd be very interested in participating. Thanks. Craig

Hi Craig,

Yes, we do - you have to monitor this thread and wait for the next round sign up. We don't add people in the middle of a round, so keep your eyes on this thread!

I am presently enjoying Skylab's analog 80's tape. Lots of great tracks! :thmbsp:

Dave :music:

Glad you're enjoying it, my friend! It was fun to make :D

Hi Craig,

Yes, we do - you have to monitor this thread and wait for the next round sign up. We don't add people in the middle of a round, so keep your eyes on this thread!
Oh sweet! I subscribed to this thread a few weeks ago, so I'll continue to monitor. In the meantime I'll continue to hone my recording skills. :)

Been listening to Fab1's and enjoying the psychedelic trip. Sounds pretty damn good too. Well recorded.

Thanks man.

and really? I thought this tape was pretty sedate. I will need to amp up a real "trip" on the next swap.:cool:

I am presently enjoying Skylab's analog 80's tape. Lots of great tracks! :thmbsp:

Dave I am very intrigued with the Mono Beatles 2 track that arrived yesterday.

Very revealing in many aspects, I have never heard some of the instruments finer details before. The overall experience can be somewhat unnerving at times with these sounds emanating from between my speakers, there is a stark quality to it, without the stereo field enhancement Good Day Sunshine is reduced to its few elements: Paul, a piano, bass and drums - it sounded "bigger" to me on a AM broadcast - and on one track the mono image panned to the left speaker a couple of times and then back to center. weird.

Dont get me wrong though this is great fun to me because stripped of the "frills" these tracks are new and fresh! I am going to request a second helping from the early LPs if you can swing that let me know i will compose a list. Thanks for sharing :thmbsp:

P.S. -- FYI the tape box "blew-out" at the top in transit probably, not too bad I will put a foam peanut in the box to help keep the reel static and hopefully the tear doesn't get worse.

Thanks man.
and really? I thought this tape was pretty sedate. I will need to amp up a real "trip" on the next swap.:cool:

Other than the things I heard on the radio in the mid to late 60's, I haven't really heard alot of the psych era. Just the classics really. So that was interesting to hear other stuff.

And Analog's tape was sent to you yesterday, you should have it Monday at the latest.

FALL TAPE SWAP MEMBERS: you should have all mailed today! If you didn't, please try to mail tomorrow. Only one rotation left!

Skylab's 80's tape is in the hands of the hopefully not magnetically challenged USPS, on its' way to FAB1 via Priority Mail. Tracking Number: 9405510200881364775300.

And Analog's tape was sent to you yesterday, you should have it Monday at the latest.

FALL TAPE SWAP MEMBERS: you should have all mailed today! If you didn't, please try to mail tomorrow. Only one rotation left!

I mailed.

So, looks like we will be able to do a Christmas-time tape swap or take a holiday break? I'm for continuing through the end of the year. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom