AXPONA: Audio EXPO North America (Chicago) March 8-10, 2013 - roll call!

I love downtown Chicago, but for an audio show I just don't think it's sensible. Hotel rooms are 2-3x the price, and logistics for exhibitors would also be more expensive and challenging. When the main attractions what's going on inside the hotel and driving attendance to that, downtown Chicago being right outside might lead to LESS traffic at the rooms, not more.

Actually for out of towners (including Exhibitors) Rosemont's proximity to Ohare has to be seen as a pretty major advantage.

So they jump on the EL. And for a downtown show people could fly into Midway and take the Midway EL downtown. Christ, why come here and then stay out in the burbs? Come into Chicago and John can show you the hip joints.

So they jump on the EL. And for a downtown show people could fly into Midway and take the Midway EL downtown. Christ, why come here and then stay out in the burbs? Come into Chicago and John can show you the hip joints and I'll show you the old school ones.

at least get it closer to public transit.

you wanna see something ill show you something :D

So they jump on the EL. And for a downtown show people could fly into Midway and take the Midway EL downtown. Christ, why come here and then stay out in the burbs? Come into Chicago and John can show you the hip joints.

I'm with skylab on this one. while I do love the city. getting there and parking is huge pain, and expensive. edge of the city within proximity to the airport makes much more sense for vendors, and a LOT more sense when considering the cost of parking for everyone.

you can still meet john and see those hip joints with a short cab ride.

I'm with skylab on this one. while I do love the city. getting there and parking is huge pain, and expensive. edge of the city within proximity to the airport makes much more sense for vendors, and a LOT more sense when considering the cost of parking for everyone.

you can still meet john and see those hip joints with a short cab ride.

Everyone talks about how expensive it is to park in DT Chicago. Gimme some numbers please. The reason I ask, is I thought where we stayed was expensive as well. Maybe I'm an out-of-touch St. Paul hillbilly, but staying at 'crappy' Rosemount in the hotel's own lot was $48 for valet parking, and the 1.5 days the car was parked was $30. Add around $25 in tolls and I have a hard time believing that getting the rest of the way downtown would be substantially more. If I'm wrong, I hope to God your pay scale reflects the outrageous auto-related fees you incur daily!:sigh:

I parked all day in the attached garage for $13.00. Doing that downtown would be $50. You paid $48 to have someone save you a 30 yard walk?

Parking in the city will be at least 2x what we paid at the Rosemont's Doubletree (non-valet).

very often in the city, the cost of your parking is related to how close you are to the attraction you are seeing. also depends on how long you want to search for a spot. $24 a day is normal downtown at prime locations. more or less. plus traffic sucks, so you waste time and gas there as well. just doesnt seem worth it just to be downtown. if you live there, with no car, it can be wonderful.

There's also the entertainment tax on food, beverages, and tickets to anything. I love taking the Blue Line into the city and walking around on nice days, but driving and parking have gotten very expensive and time consuming.

I don't need to park, I'd take the EL. So could Prisoners. Bolingbrookers can drive to Lemont and take the METRA, get a burger at Nick's too while you're at it. What's the big deal? If you really want to save dough hold the show at the Motel 6 in Hammond. It's Chicago, you don't fight it you surrender to it and enjoy it.

Is Papa's in Bolingbrook still the best thin pizza in Will County? I'd put it up against most city places.

Last edited:
I don't need to park, I'd take the EL. So could Prisoners. Bolingbrookers can drive to Lemont and take the METRA, get a burger at Nick's too while you're at it. What's the big deal? If you really want to save dough hold the show at the Motel 6 in Hammond. It's Chicago, you don't fight it you surrender to it and enjoy it.

Is Papa's in Bolingbrook still the best thin pizza in Will County? I'd put it up against most city places.

I feel like an ass, but I've never had it. I will change that this week. we've got a few places we like already, so we never really looked around. Thanks for the tip.

I feel like an ass, but I've never had it. I will change that this week. we've got a few places we like already, so we never really looked around. Thanks for the tip.

I haven't had it on a couple of years but they did one of the best "Chicago Thins" around; thin cracker crisp crust cut in squares with very high quality cheese and sausage. I usually avoid pepperoni, I think it's for kids, but Papa's uses a deep, and pungent tasting pepperoni that's not too greasy and the grease that does work out forms a kind of a glaze atop the cheese. Oh man.

Been years since I've graced the streets and bars of Chi-town. Is Uno and Deux still there? They closed up shop in Mpls.

Yup. The chain version of Pizzeria Uno didn't serve anything close to the same pizza that the real deal here does. Probably why the chain failed.

Back
Top Bottom