Mason Vintage Audio Swap Meet April 6th (2nd Try)

MasonDad

OK, New thread for the new date for the vintage audio swap meet in Mason, OH

PLACE: 5166 Parkside Drive-Mason-OH-45040

WEATHER PERMITTING! Check here and your local or Cincy CL in the ELECTRONICS section for updates.

There will be some door prizes (NICE door prizes) and some freebies!

MattK has been helping me, Jon and the others in getting the word out and organizing this event. From my calculations, this will be a pretty big event with a very good turnout. I have gotten more emails from "new" people who will attend as well as the regulars.

We will miss JeffW this time as he will be out on business :thumbsdn: (I told him to quit but he didn't listen)

Where do I start to list the gear that will be here? Pretty much you name it, it will be here....'cept maybe a Marantz Model 9...but you never know!

PLEASE PM me if you plan to come....all are welcome and it is free to set up!

Attachments

• DSCF2411.jpg
    DSCF2411.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF2410.jpg
    DSCF2410.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF2412.jpg
    DSCF2412.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
I am really excited about going here, I have some gear to sell or maybe trade and it will be a great chance to finally meet some of the local (and not so local) AK'ers on here. I'm the MattK MasonDad is talking about BTW. :D I'm mattsd on here but my email lists me as MattK.

Posts with items for sale/trade have been deleted. If a subscriber wishes to start a thread in Barter Town, please do.

Pics from the swap meet!

Wow, what a day! Thank ALL of you for attending this event and making it a success! :banana:

Here are some pictures from today!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF5045.jpg
    DSCF5045.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF5053.jpg
    DSCF5053.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF5051.jpg
    DSCF5051.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF5052.jpg
    DSCF5052.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCF5050.jpg
    DSCF5050.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF5054.jpg
    DSCF5054.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 25
Looks like some awesome stuff was at the swap

Yes, there was incredible vintage gear here today! The pics are just the tip of the iceberg! I got a Spectral MS-ONE preamp....don't know much about it, but if it was sold with a wooden crate and foam padding, it must be good! Gotta do some research on this one, which is part of the fun in this hobby!

And even though I am hurting right now for being on my feet since 6:15AM until around 8:30PM...My feet, legs, shoulder, arms, ankles and not to mention my lips got sunburned today...it is all worth it when so many people came up to me and thanked me for putting this event on! THAT is what makes all the work and pain worth doing this!

Thanks to Mattsd for doing so much to help! (I hope I have his AK name right)

Good night! Enjoy some music and the rest of the weekend! :music:

The entire road was full of cars, most people had to park on the next block. Ridiculous turnout.

Great event and I am exhausted.

The entire road was full of cars, most people had to park on the next block. Ridiculous turnout.

Great event and I am exhausted.

Glad you made it home safe and sound! BTW, who made that tube amp I got from your bro? And do you think it will sound good with Dynaco A-10 speakers?

It was built by Harry Bailey who also built my large Baldwin tube amp. Also built Bre's Dad and Indy Hawg's. As far as I know dynaco speakers are acoustic suspension at maybe 87db efficiency so I think that set amp would do much better paired with something horn based. It drove a pair of Chorus quite well in my test.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yes, there was incredible vintage gear here today! The pics are just the tip of the iceberg! I got a Spectral MS-ONE preamp....don't know much about it, but if it was sold with a wooden crate and foam padding, it must be good! Gotta do some research on this one, which is part of the fun in this hobby!

And even though I am hurting right now for being on my feet since 6:15AM until around 8:30PM...My feet, legs, shoulder, arms, ankles and not to mention my lips got sunburned today...it is all worth it when so many people came up to me and thanked me for putting this event on! THAT is what makes all the work and pain worth doing this!

Thanks to Mattsd for doing so much to help! (I hope I have his AK name right)

Good night! Enjoy some music and the rest of the weekend! :music:

Yep, you have it right. And you are very welcome! I'm glad I could help, this event was far, far beyond what I ever expected, or any of us for that matter. I echo MasonDad, a big thank you to everybody who attended and helped out!

Getting ready to hook up those ESS speakers, can't wait to see how they sound!

Missed it by -THAT MUCH- :sigh:

I was in the Dayton, OH area for a week and could have easily slid down to the meet.... except....... had to head back to Maryland on the day of the meet....

Looks like I missed out on a good one.

Wow, what a day! Thank ALL of you for attending this event and making it a success! :banana:

Here are some pictures from today!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

You guys know how to have fun!! I'm going to have to try and plan our next trip to Cincinnati around this event!!!

Sorry I couldn't make it down guys. Sounds like a crazy turnout. When is the next one? :)

Last edited:
A big thanks to all who helped make the Mason Vintage Audio Swap Meet a roaring success! I won't name names because I cannot remember each and every one who made it all happen, but you know who you are!

THANK YOU!

Back
Top Bottom