March 16th Vintage Audio Swap Meet Mason OH

MasonDad

POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER! TARGET RESCHEDULE IS APRIL 6TH...PLEASE ADVISE IF THIS NEW DATE DOES NOT WORK ASAP...THANK YOU!

If the weather permits, we are going to have another vintage audio swap meet at my house in Mason, OH. on Saturday, March 16th.

This event keeps getting bigger and bigger with some really neat and rare audio gear showing up. Last time a Spectral Tube preamp (1st one with original wood crate) was here.

All we ask is that you bring something to trade!

For safety reasons, address will not be posted until a few days before the event. Mason is a suburb of Cincinnati, OH.

Send me a message if you need more info.

Last edited:
I attended this event last year and had a great time. Made some good connections, one of which (MasonDad) hooked me up with AR9's after a 2 year search. Met another great guy there who lived a few miles away and had QuadESL's that I got to listen to. I'll definitely be going with my bro and some other folks.

Bizarrely enough there has been a plague of negative posts in the Cinci craigslist regarding this event. Much as this event happens annually the plague of negative posts occurs as well. There's a guy in Indianapolis that is known as MRG (Monster Receiver Guy) that views this event as a threat to his sale of gear who makes a habit of posting in every market that a post for the swap meet goes into.

Make no mistake, nobody makes any money off of this except for those who choose to sell/trade gear i.e. there is no incentive to get attendance, etc. etc. this is just a get together of AK'ers and audiophiles much as Frankenfest in New England, etc. etc. No tickets sold, no vendors, just a lot of like minded people.

And if we're lucky some of the local crazies or maybe the crazy Indy dude will show up. He might even bring the Corvette from the barn (that's an inside joke for those monitoring that thread)

It would be super awesome if MRG showed up. He could face an entire crowd of people he's harassed and tormented. But he would wow the crowd by displaying his stable of first owner only monster receivers and win them over with his sparkling personality, greatness, and trading savvy.

It would be super awesome if MRG showed up. He could face an entire crowd of people he's harassed and tormented. But he would wow the crowd by displaying his stable of first owner only monster receivers and win them over with his sparkling personality, greatness, and trading savvy.

I'm thinking something more simple and straight forward... we all gang up on him and beat the crap out of him... "Here's your monster receiver bitch!!!"

Just kidding of course.

Where can I find these posts on MRG?

I do not know why MRG is the way he is and still alive. My buddy from HS owns the house he lives in (A duplex) and cannot keep a tennant in the other side because of this guy. I'd boot him for that.

Anyway, Bre's Dad...I really hope you are not including me in the list of Cincy craizies...there are a few, but I like to think I am not one of them. Although the two main nuts try to paint me as one.

Anyway, Bre's Dad...I really hope you are not including me in the list of Cincy craizies...there are a few, but I like to think I am not one of them. Although the two main nuts try to paint me as one.

No, that was simply a statement for entertainment value. No one is crazy, or at least that what the voices keep telling me....

I am not kidding and an angry mob beat him into a pile of mush it would be pure justice. MasonDad, I look forward to hearing some more stories about MRG driving out tenants in person. I'm sure your buddy told you all kinds of awesomeness and I want to hear it.

I'll be there, looking forward to meeting people and getting rid of some of the stuff cluttering my workshop. I'll have several turntables (depends on what I get together this week, but anywhere from 7 to 12), a couple receivers, and a set of speakers. I'm looking for a decent set of speaker stands and a tonearm for a Sansui SR-838, so I think it will be fun! I'm coming up from the Lexington, KY area.

Its been probably at least 2 years since I have been there but I plan on making it this year.

Things I will bring if someone requests, don't want to bring it all because of space constraints:
RTR-HPR12M's recapped, sounds very good and is in good shape.
Genesis Physics Model III recapped, great speakers, great shape.
Pioneer HPM-100's recapped, sound great but one cab has a corner that's jacked and the grills are bad
Crown XLS602 Power Amplifier
Yaquin Tube Buffer
EPI T/E 120 woofers/tweeters/xovers
Polk SL1000 tweeters
Velodyne VRP-12 Sub
Some Polk SL1000 drivers
Spare HPM-100 midrange x 2 and tweeter that work but domes are pushed in...haven't had the time to take the vacuum to them
Behringer cx3400 Active Crossover with Box
1 x Polk RTA12 Peerless Crossover
Sanyo JCX2300 receiver, very clean I would even say mint
Nikko Gamma 30 Tuner

Much like you guys I have too much stuff. Just in my office I have the RTR's, Genesis, Time Windows, and Polk RTA12's. The time windows are small enough to stuff in the closet and I'm a Polkie so the rest I need to find a home for. If anyone wants things carted to the swap meet within reason I'll do so.

Last edited:
Swap meet is ON!!!!

The weather forecast is changing by the hour but Accuweather is saying 10% chance of rain and temps in the low 50's....bring a tarp just in case but it is looking good right now!

I wish I could convey to you guys the excitement I am reading in the emails about this....looks to be the best one yet!

Mason Sawp Meet

I plan on being there; it will be my first time to the event. I have the following and will bring any/all if I get a request to bring it. Look forward to meeting the like minded audio hoarders (collectors).

Receivers
Sansui QR-4500: one owner with original laminated operation instruction sheet. Near mint condition
Pioneer SX-850: 9/10 condition only issue is the feet have been removed.
Onkyo TX 2500
Toshiba SA-750

Integrated Amps
Nikko TRM-800 Intergated Amp: excellent missing one button plastic cap.
Denon PMA-737

Cassette Decks
Teac V-95RX
Technics RS-T55R

Tuner
Luxman T-240

Jim Fisher

Yeah, I saw those but they're too rich for my blood in both kases. $1250 is actually not a bad price for Gammas...crazy good price in fact but RSII's are more in my pricepoint the ones that I have heard sound amazing. Thanks for the heads up though ;)

John

I'll attend unless I wimp out on account of weather.

A tip for anyone attending is that the folks there tend to be gear-rich and money-poor. If you're bringing a stack of gear intending to make the rent, you may be sorely disappointed, but if you've actually got some cash to spend, there will be deals.

I won't have much to bring, but I will have an extensive "WANTED" list. I'd post both, but I don't want to get this labelled a buying and selling thread. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom