N.E. Winter Doldrums Fest

fcarpcarp

Yep, it's a go on Sat, Jan 30th (thanks Jim and Beemer for the correction and directing my attention to those calender thingys, gonna get one for sure ;))

At my shop in Clinton Ma, Saturday January 30th.

Beemer knows where it is, feel free to PM either of us for directions.

We have ground level access with an elevator, plus a loading dock.

Come unwind in the midst of winter, and we can prepare for March at Markus's where we can set stuff on fire...

As I mentioned, I'll have a grill on site, plus a Coleman stove or two.

You folks are always great fun, I'm looking forward to seeing you.

Frank C.

Frank:

Good seeing ya today my friend. I know where it is, however I do not have the physical address. Can you send this to me back at my email addy? You have that from the info I sent you today.

Best,

Paul

NICE ! can't wait !!

I'll be bringing my Altec stuffed Karlsons and open baffle KLH line arrays :D

and some tubey stuff too . . . .

ZING !

x_25 . . . the original thread was getting WAY long, so frank started a frsh one to keep it tight :thmbsp:

Ah, sorry, I am just debating the feseability of the 4 hour trip up and back. I think I would need to find a place to crash Saturday night if I did it.

Any requests in terms of stuff to bring to listen to? I have mostly "small-scale" stuff, but I suspect youse guys are going to be in a "large-scale" mood(?)

I'll be there for sure, along with my Beogram 8000 and it's new SoundSmith SMMC20EN, which just arrived via UPS! Shouldn't have to worry about the cartridge being the cause of the malfunction this time... :banana:
-Adam

Cant wait too see that beogram running, keep it away from the altecs this time and i bet it works fine :music:

Nice thing about the shop, we can accomodate everything. Peter has offered some of his shop and his conference room is a nice small space, my shop is better suited to big rigs. Also have hallways, stairways...and the 4th floor is pretty much empty just in case you need 8k sf of something...mill croquet comes to mind...

Any requests in terms of stuff to bring to listen to? I have mostly "small-scale" stuff, but I suspect youse guys are going to be in a "large-scale" mood(?)

My current system in the shop: Setton PS&BS 5500's, A7 Vott's

fcc

Last edited:
Well... A7s aren't "large scale" compared to, say, the Altec 210 cabinets I helped move on New Year's Eve, but somewhat bigger than the fullrangers and SE DHT amps I was thinkin' of...

Barring unforeseen reaction to my upcoming medical treatment. I'll be bringing a fairly large-scale DJ rig and about 40K songs. BOOM!

Ah, sorry, I am just debating the feseability of the 4 hour trip up and back. I think I would need to find a place to crash Saturday night if I did it.

x_25: I've got spare bedroom not far from the event at my place. Yours if you want it.

Paul

x_25: I've got spare bedroom not far from the event at my place. Yours if you want it.

Paul

I may take you up on that. It sounds like this will be an awesome party. I have some big speakers I will have to bring along so I can finally open them up in an appropriate sized room. :yes:

I will need to work out some details and I will get back to you all. :thmbsp:

LOL - if you stay at Paul's - you WILL see some big speakers!!

Oh yeah. I am well aware of that. :yes: I just hope I don't come home from this with anything too big. :D

Anyway, my schedule is clear that weekend, I will have finished my online class and had one week of classes for the spring semester so I won't have much if nay school work. What should I bring? I drive a station wagon so I can bring about 90% of my gear along with me.

It occurs to me I may have given some of you an incorrect zip code, the correct zip code is 01510. I'll do my best to contact all those who have PM'd and send you the correct code.

That is all.

fcc

I'm hoping to bring my cheap-ass DIY DAC to audition.
(Nic-nak-digi-DAC?)
JimB

f610_10.JPG

Back
Top Bottom