MD-DC-VA-PA -- AK Members 3rd Annual Fall Get Together at Ohighway's

Ohighway

Wannabe Minimalist
Subscriber
Ok people..... time to start prepping for the 3rd annual fall get together.

EDIT: This event is open to all AK members no matter where they are located. It's up to them to figure out how far they're willing to travel !!

DATE/TIME: Sunday October 27th 2013 from around noon until 7pm

LOCATION: West Friendship, Maryland 21794. (approx. 20 miles West of Baltimore off I-70 / Exit 80)

The usual deal. Bring yourself and some food or drink. Last time I provided chili . This time.... probably the same.

EDIT: Please carefully consider what you might bring for buy/sell/swap. Because the size of the group has more than doubled from last year there won't be any room indoors for setting up buy/sell/swap items. You can bring a table to set up outside the house, but no tailgating near the house or on the driveway.

The important part. PLAN ON BEING HERE ! The last get together was fun and we can make this one even better ! If you're in the general area and have missed the last couple gatherings, please consider trying to make it to this one.

Look forward to seeing you all !!

Last edited:
The 12th ,13th, and 19th are a no go for me, but Oct 20th is a go!
Regards,
Jim

I know Sundays work better for lot of us, so I will vote for the 20th also. Looking forward to it!

October is a lifetime away with my travel schedule but will certainly make the trek if I am in town. Looking forward to seeing you all again whatever the date is. :yes:

We have a long planned trip for October 19 & 20. Any options for October 5&6th? Or even 26&27?

Like I mentioned in the OP, the choice of dates can be expanded. Let's just say any day on any weekend in October is an option !!

Looking at the calendar, any day of any weekend in October is a possibility. That means October 5th or 6th, October 12 or 13, October 19 or 20, or October 26, 27.

Last edited:
READ THE ATTACHED FILE TO SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE BRINGING.

Plan to attend (as of 10/25) FIFTY ONE, & THREE Maybes:
2broke4this ; apple_scruff : AudioKeith ; Bobrown14 & wife ; Blue Shadow ; Cdemeo1 ; Danbisawsum&Dad ; DCinDC ; DewDude ; Ehoove ; El Pee ; Finnbow ; Gadget73 ; Ghazzer ; Grillebilly ; Hammr7 ; Harleyfatboy ; Hjames & wife ; IsRelative&Friend ; Jack Lord ; JackMowbray ; Jackpollard ; Jameswei ; JDWK ; Jmiles1960 ; Larryderouin ; Merrylander ; mdfoy ; Musicfan55 ; Naptown Rob ; Nelress ; Ohighway ; Oldvinyldude ; Portnoy ; Princever ; Rambline ; Rapidan ; RDecartridge ; Resident ; RickeyM ; Rogerfederer ; Rromeo ; Sfox52 ; Texnwv ; Wbain ; Wharfcreek ; Wolverine ;

Maybe: Seanrr & Cliffhiker ; Jsisk ;

Change of plans: Spartanmanor ; Bstable ; Dread31 ; Kalev

Getting Married instead: Eteller. Congratulations ! ! !:music::thmbsp:

Please PM me to update this file and add first names or to add food item(s) you plan to bring. And yes, beer counts as food.

File updated SATURDAY 10/26/13 2:15 PM(EDST).

Attachments

• oct dates 131026.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'm good for any of the weekends other than probably the 12th and 13th. I'm always good for a Greek salad or my wife can bake something yummy.

Due to my heavy work schedule any weekend is good for me.:) We will order the 6 layer chocolate cake in ample time that we need not try and find room in the freezer. Who knows I might even talk Florence into coming.

I'll be there! I am completely wide open for any weekend.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

With the new dates I'm good on the 6th, 20th, and 27th
Regards,
Jim

I'm ok with any weekend other than the 5th-6th. Workweekend on the Sub! Last time I did "TWO-FER" I was exhausted for a week. And I ain't getting younger. :D

I'm free most weekend dates as well. Don't know of anything planned that would be a blocker but I tend to be horrible with planning or being generally informed.

Once we have a firm date I'll see what I can do for food. There is an Amish market nearby and I'm told their shoo fly pie is pretty good.

I would love to come to this. I am the new guy so I am flexible. The only times that wont work is Oct 11-17 as I will away.

I would have voted for the 20th.....but I see Steve is 'out' on that weekend, so I'm going to vote for the following.......which I believe was 26/27. I'm unsure, but may be going to Michigan to attend my 85 yr old mother's surgery....and son's b-day is the 4th. So I 'spect I'll be in Michigan for the first several days of the month. Thus I have to cast my vote for later in the month. That said.......I was thinking about bringing a cow, or maybe a pig.....and roasting it in Rick's back yard!........ just kiddin'! I think I brought some Amish Macaroni Salad to Jim's spring-fling.....and it went over well. So, I'll duplicate that again unless otherwise ordered 'not' to do so. Of course, I'll bring some toys for the 'For Sale / Trade' table. Later, Tom D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom