CR2020 Relay Board Fabrication

jayfree

Can anybody point me in the right direction in obtaining or having made, the relay board for a CR2020. I would like to build one from scratch, but dont wand to invest in the whole circuit board etching thing, but would be interested in buying one if the price is right.

The board is working and I use the unit alot, I was thinking of doing a recap and stuff, but the board was burnt pretty bad when got it. I did all the service bulletin work and brought it back to life, with lots of jumpers and silicone glue. I just figured one day I would like to try building up on a new board, kind of a hobby thing. I was just trying to avoid investing in all the circuit etching stuff just to make one board(yeah like I would stop there).

jayfree,

In 2010 Merrylander, a fellow AKr and the Yoda of Yamaha technical repair, sent me the board pictures that he had scanned in for both the Power board & Relay board. I found a company, pcbsingles.com, out of Manasquan, NJ that had a web based software program that provided a jpg import feature which took the pictures and converted them to a file that they used to fabricate the boards at $36 each, shipped. Unfortunately they are no longer in business. The issue now is to figure out how to import the jpg files using some PCB layout software that can then export to an industry fabricator standard such as Gerber. I am pretty much flying by the seat of my pants on this and learning as I go along by using Google to research this topic. I will let you know if I figure anything out. In the meantime I have attached the files for the two boards. Cheers.

Jim

Powerboard.jpg

Relayboard.jpg

Thanks Jim,
Between those pics and finding pre-sensitized circuit boards al la Google, I think I will give it a try. Maybe in a month or so when I have some free time, I'll let you know how it works out.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom