Yamaha M-80

rockman

Hi

I have a Yamaha M-80 (plus Yamaha C-70) The C-70 was converted to 240 v years back.The M-80 has an international voltage selector.

As I intend to run my JBl l220s ,now with this set up. I have a slight problem with the M-80.

The 2,4,8, ohm selector has the 2ohm button stuck in an' in' position and the other two buttons are out ,but will not do anything,certainly not to release it and allow me to choose the 8ohm that I need.

Any ideas ??

Thanks folk.

Regards Rockman:scratch2:

The buttons only control the range/calibration of the meters. They do no change anything related to the actual output function of the amp vs. speaker load.

So, while inconvenient from a function/display standpoint, nothing else about the operation of the amp will be changed with dysfunctional buttons.

I should also note that mine stick occasionally too. I've been in with some Deoxit and stuff but still occasionally they don't "click" into place.

M 80

Hi Whoareyou

Well I never knew that.
The other buttons on the M 80 to the left on the front 'peak hold,and range'the're not essential either,but I am supprised the 3 buttons on the front,with ohm selection, don't do anything.Wonder why they are there.

Regards

Rockman

They change the reading of the meter to make them more accurate with different impedance, that's it.

So, they do something, just that something isn't critical to the function of the amp.

Hi

I seeeeee .

Rockman

Keep exercising the switches. I had the same issue last night with and M-65 after about 10-15 min. the return spring stated working correctly. The switch is just dirty and the spring for the three push buttons is jammed.

M-80

Is that you in that plane?

Amazing photo....Raw power!

Yes,I'll try that.Be nice to get them
working.

Did you ever come to any of the USAF air bases in the UK ?I worked in one of those for 3 years.

Rockman:thmbsp:

Is that you in that plane?

Amazing photo....Raw power!

Yes,I'll try that.Be nice to get them
working.

Did you ever come to any of the USAF air bases in the UK ?I worked in one of those for 3 years.

Rockman:thmbsp:

No. Just repaired the internal F-15 avionics (ECM to be exact). Had orders for Lakenheath (F/FB-111) early in my career. But swapped orders for Florida instead.

M 80

Heck,Lakenheath.So familiar hearing that again.Brings it all back.Time of Woodstock.

These big Yamaha amps Good eh! Don't really exist in the UK.I got mine though!

Regards

Rockman

Did what you said.
The button just popped out!Thanks all .:thmbsp:

Rockman

A little tidbit . If the switches seem or appear to be sticking. If the front panel is not centered over switches. The switches will rub/bind on the front bezel as well.

Back
Top Bottom