Midwest Audiofest in Lima soon!!!

I'll be there. Probably not bringing anything - the Canadian border can be a bitch with a car load of audio gear.

Hi Rob3639463...I'll be getting there thursday night...if anyone wants ta BS or grab a drink...look me up. Rob...are you bringing anything? maybe them speakers of yours??

I doubt I'll bring anything...'cept maybe a few odds and ends for people to borrow. Who knows tho ;)

should be real fun...did you go last year?

I'll be there early on Friday with the Moth. I plan on staying till Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you guys! We should coordinate some kind of get together before things get to buzy, like on Friday. MikE

Alfredo...how are ya? As I've said before...I can't wait for Lima...it looks like there's going to be a bunch of great gear there this year. (can't thank Mike Baker enough :D )

good ta see ya here too. Any new changes in your system...Last time I heard it you had just gotten the Sony sacd player...guess that was quite a while ago. I have to check with the wife...and make sure we don't have any other plans...but I will defiantly try to make it to the CH&BAH meeting at your house.

take care>>>

I agree there should be a lot of great gear and seminars at Lima.

I've been coming on here for about 3 months now just never posted anything. I think my system has changed quite a bit since the last time you have seen it. For starters everything got moved to the basement so no more bouncy wood floors. I am now tri-amping (2 tube amps, 1 SS amp). I built a couple of power strips using a partial Jon Risch's filter recipe. I am also into vinyl big time. Just finished the Bottlehead phono kit (Seduction) about a week ago. I'm still using the SACD player but also bought an outboard DAC.

I'm planning a complete tear down of my speakers probably after Lima. I need something that looks a little nicer than the big black PA boxes that I'm using now. Also I want to incorporate the JBL 18's that I got from the JBL tent sale over a year ago.

That's about it but I have been spending more time listening to music and not thinking about system deficiencies or DIY projects. Especially vinyl, since I have about 1600+ lp's now. :D

Hope you can make it to the meeting as well (even for just a bit). Maybe I should post something here as well. Not sure how many guys here are in the area.

I can't wait to come hear your stuff when it's done!

Alfredo...I guess you've changed just about everything then! well...almost. Good ta hear your listenin' more...do ya contribute this to the addition of the vinyl rig...the other changes...both...or just you?

I tell ya...if it wasn't for the music...I wouldn't be obsessed with this hobby :nerd:

I'm not sure if there are any other people from the burbs of Chicago here??? :dunno:

I'll be there. Went last year and had a blast even though I did not like most of the systems I heard there. I had to go out and buy Advil for the tremendous headache I received from the high SPLs!!!

Regardless of that, since last April, I've bought 4 tube amps and 2 pair of HE speakers.

Not sure when I'll arrive, but it will likely be Saturday morning. BTW, I owe beers to GoneFishin and MikE. Hopefully I can "repay" you in Lima!!!

Enjoy,

TIC

Gonefishin...the main reason is due to all the vinyl that I got recently....plus i keep discovering new music and new artist (new to me that is)...

Sometimes I can't really tell the difference when I change something in my system (that could be good or bad) but I keep listening because it's the music that grabs me!

i agree the music is what gets you obsessed with this hobby and a little bit of that tinkering bug in all of us!

I'll post something anyway about the meeting and see what kind of response i get.

Talk to you soon.

Alfredo

Time to kick it up a notch!

Cruch time coming- just a few days left.

I will be there sometime Friday, looking forward to seeing the people behind the Avatars:)

Not bringing anything with me, mayhaps will have more room to bring stuff back!

Of course, won't be bringing the better half, that would just accelerate my need for excuses on how that 'stuff' (or whatever she will call ..it) got in my SUV:p:

Look forward to seeing some of you there. I'll be the one looking lost and confused

Oh, by the by....

Notice I changed my Avatar just in time for MAF

Also, that lost and confused may cover a multitude of people, just buy anyone looking lost a beer and send them on their way.

That way, they soon won't care that they're lost:D

Not positive but I should get there near 4 or 5:00 on friday. It shouldn't be hard for some of you recognize me since there's a pic of me on AK. How we gonna know who is who.

Well we have to wear name tags. We can always put our screen names on them to help things out or AK on them too??

Gonefishin the speakers are staying home. They won't fit in my carry on!

Rob2:)

Yes, forum posting names on our nametags would be a good idea. I'm just bringing some SACD's and a cooler full of Canadian beer. My speakers are staying home too - the Altecs won't fit in my ... anything ... they barely fit in my listening room.

I should get in Friday afternoon - looking forward to meeting you guys.

billfort

Back
Top Bottom