r-950av channel problems

shackwrrr

on my sansui receiver my front channel only seems to have one side working and when you turn the balance knob it acts as a fade knob one way and kinda like a balance knob the other way. Then no matter what the input it stereo or not it always says mono on the screen ( tested it with songs on radio, tv, cds, computer and works fine) and one more thing, when tuner mode is presed receiver defaults to autoscan thats not a problem but autoscan on this receiver seems to be very quiet and can be barely heard even when cranked. everything else work great on this thing and I wanted to know if there was anything i could do to fix it??

thanks
Ian

Hi Shackwrrr, welcome to AudioKarma. That receiver is not a common one. It probably dates from the late 1980s or even the early 1990s. The serial number will give the build date. It's not a collectible model.

I doubt anyone here will have direct experience with it. Some of the standard repair recommendations still apply. Be sure the controls are set properly. Check the speakers and speaker wires for shorts. Check the fuses. Clean the switches and mechanical controls. This one will probably have a lot of connectors internally. Be sure they are connected properly and clean. Put a drop of deoxit on all the terminals.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom