Pics of your listening space

After 3 months of remodeling my listening space is finally back (bought house with finished basement, supposedly waterproofed, it wasn't... but that's an entirely different story)

All of the posters are from shows I've been to minus the Mastodon (gifts from a friend who knows them) and Metallica (poster is from '86, first time they played in Iowa. I was only 3, but my dad went). I have about 10 more things to have framed and quite a few flyers I need to find a way to display. I need more wall space....

The sounds...
  • Marantz 2245
  • Technics SL-1950 w/ Grado Red
  • Paradigm 5SE-MKII's

Very nice looking room.:thmbsp:

My space

Well we have finally settled on a space for me and my music room. And by we I mean my WIFE and I. I went from a space, that was 22' x 26' to a 7'9" x 8'4".....Yes it is a huge difference. But well worth it. We have recently adopted 2 grandchildren, 7 year old girl and 19 month boy. So adjustments had to be made, I am the lucky one who got to make them. It was really a easy call.

I am just getting it moved in and adjusted I thought I would snap a few shots of what I have going on so far. I really have no clue on what to do with such a small space. I have sold off a few sets of speakers that I had setting around in the extra space. Looking to thin more out. The space is kind of a mess right now but, it will all come to gather soon enough.

Attachments

• SAM_4242.jpg
    SAM_4242.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 73
  • SDC10811.jpg
    SDC10811.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 73
  • SDC10814.jpg
    SDC10814.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 73
  • SAM_4243.jpg
    SAM_4243.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 78
After 3 months of remodeling my listening space is finally back (bought house with finished basement, supposedly waterproofed, it wasn't... but that's an entirely different story)

All of the posters are from shows I've been to minus the Mastodon (gifts from a friend who knows them) and Metallica (poster is from '86, first time they played in Iowa. I was only 3, but my dad went). I have about 10 more things to have framed and quite a few flyers I need to find a way to display. I need more wall space....

The sounds...
  • Marantz 2245
  • Paradigm 5SE-MKII's

Great looking room and art there. Have you done any other modifications in addition to the anti-resonance treatment on the dust cover of that Technics yet :) I have one in my bedroom with an Ortofon MC3 Turbo, it gets used every night.

Well we have finally settled on a space for me and my music room. And by we I mean my WIFE and I. I went from a space, that was 22' x 26' to a 7'9" x 8'4".....Yes it is a huge difference. But well worth it. We have recently adopted 2 grandchildren, 7 year old girl and 19 month boy. So adjustments had to be made, I am the lucky one who got to make them. It was really a easy call.

I am just getting it moved in and adjusted I thought I would snap a few shots of what I have going on so far. I really have no clue on what to do with such a small space. I have sold off a few sets of speakers that I had setting around in the extra space. Looking to thin more out. The space is kind of a mess right now but, it will all come to gather soon enough.

Bravo, family first! Do the DQ's image better shooting through the 901's or vica versa? Just kidding. :D Getting them out of there should help some. Is the DQ-1W furniture or will you be running it? I like the flexi-media shelving too. I was strongly considering that, but ended up doing something else.

The sounds...
  • Marantz 2245
  • Paradigm 5SE-MKII's

Looks good. Is that chair from IKEA?

Bravo, family first! Do the DQ's image better shooting through the 901's or vica versa? Just kidding. :D Getting them out of there should help some. Is the DQ-1W furniture or will you be running it? I like the flexi-media shelving too. I was strongly considering that, but ended up doing something else.

LOL.....I was running the DQ-1w but I let it go with the DQ-10.....Just did that on Saturday. It was a pretty nice set up recapped and foamed sub and crossover......But I would rather see them move on to someone that could use them.

The 901's was gifted to me a month or so ago. I had a guy cutting a tree down and we started talking about audio. Said, he had a set of speakers. I could have if I wanted them. Me being the suck I am said sure. The next day he came with the 901 series iv and a series iii eq. and a set of the original stands. He told me he knows nothing about them, just left over from some things his dad had.

Great looking room and art there. Have you done any other modifications in addition to the anti-resonance treatment on the dust cover of that Technics yet :) I have one in my bedroom with an Ortofon MC3 Turbo, it gets used every night.

Thank you. I seem to always have piles of stickers, so... I did that. My inner 6 year old needs to be let out every once and a while. haha. I actually retrofitted hockey pucks as feet on to the TT as well.

Looks good. Is that chair from IKEA?

Yup. Ikea Poang.

Last edited:
Thank you. I seem to always have piles of stickers, so... I did that. My inner 6 year old needs to be let out every once and a while. haha. I actually retrofitted hockey pucks as feet on to the TT as well.

Yup. Ikea Poang.

I didn't think those were original feet. One of mine were missing so I used rubber furniture feet over pvc pipe caps. Yours look much better.

I didn't think those were original feet. One of mine were missing so I used rubber furniture feet over pvc pipe caps. Yours look much better.

My feet didn't survive a move. I had plenty of hockey pucks and a drill though. Didn't have to waste time tracking down feet, not to mention, I think the hockey pucks actually work quite well.

My listening space

Here is my space. I feel lucky that my wife is into having a two channel setup. still trying to find a better rack or piece of furniture to put all of the McIntosh components in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 313
I admit not a lot of changes but it's been a while since I posted my cozy little attic haven and I just now took a few shots I liked :D

CE472EE0-5A8E-4118-AFC9-1F310417EA41_zpsrlrw4yyx.jpg

30AF2FDC-00E0-4B8A-8384-7E8CB04E1F60_zpssva9zjzn.jpg

17E02B6A-AEFA-459D-9C15-58B334B71505_zpsianvb3xt.jpg

Skylab, I'm intrigued by the half-windows at floor level and the stained glass at the peak.
Does that tell us something more about your space?

Skylab, great space, great gear! :thmbsp:

Yes great looking system Skylab!

Thanks guys!

Skylab, I'm intrigued by the half-windows at floor level and the stained glass at the peak.
Does that tell us something more about your space?

Not beyond the fact that the space is in a finished portion of the attic of my house. I own a 130 year old Victorian, which has its pluses and minuses. One plus, the roof is pitched quite steep and so while the walls have to be slanted the peak of the ceiling here is over 9' high, so nice and spacious. The space is finished loft style, and my office is also up here (I work from home when I'm not traveling for work).

Back
Top Bottom