Toronto Audio Video Entertainment Show (TAVES) with lots of pics!

Bigerik

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Curious to know who is going to the Toronto Audio show this weekend. I haven't checked there vendor list yet, but I sure hope more Canadian manufacturers show up this year then they did last year. Draw a 500 km (300 mile) circle around Toronto, and you will find many of the finest audio manufacturers in the world (For example, Paradigm, Oracle, Bryston, Totem, Reference 3A, NAD, PSB, Sim Audio, etc). They were sadly under-represented last year, but it was still a great show.

I'll post pictures in this thread.

Of all the stuff I'm looking forward to experiencing, I do hope I can spend some more time in the Devore room. That was a missed opportunity last year. Of course, Reference 3A and AudioNote usually have the best sounding rooms in the show.

BTW, for any regular attendees, the location has changed this year. It is now at the Sheraton on Queen W, rather then the beautiful, old King Edward. Hopefully, the rooms will be a bit more friendly to audio then they were at the King Eddie.

Looks like the only seminar that really interests me is this one:

2014: Is This The Year of High Resolution Audio? (Presented by Dr. Mark Waldrep of AIX Records

There are still lots of good audio stores to visit. New ones seem to keep popping up. How long will you be in town for?

Have fun, Erik! I wish I could go, but it's a bit of a drive for me, and I don't have my Michigan Enhanced Driver License yet :(

Fully equipped with credit cards! But even more self control. I hope!

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Great start to the day!

e2ebb3a9c3cb46721a8987e35ec4a1b3.jpg

3f0276c578d36e7e11fcf537a38eb87a.jpg

Impressive, very detailed, great imaging even if the sweet spot seemed small, but too HiFi for me. Too much sound, not enough music.

0b274766ab3181f6465a6ce9d398d73a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom