Jazz Records t-shirt?

janikphoto

Lunatic Member
I got this off a Brubeck 10" from 1954 and was thinking of getting a friend to do a silkscreen t-shirt with it. If I do, I could do a group buy or something... I wouldn't profit from it. Anyone think it would be worth doing?!? What do you think would be a reasonable price point to try and meet? Not sure if D&S section is the best place for an inquiry like this, but it does deal with the value of creating the shirts. If a mod needs to move it to a more appropriate spot, please feel free to do so!

10487494_10152204983012817_4972709334070389194_n.jpg

Yeah, I'd be in depending upon color of the shirt. I think $15 or less for a good quality t-shirt is a reasonable target.

Always wondered why their weren't more group buys here. They can be a lot of work but can also be really fun.

Before I'm in though you got to tell me what brand and quality of shirt, what dpi the screen print will be, shirt color, etc. Novelty shirt or not if I'm not going to wear it I'm not going to buy it. Not to mention the cost structure for quantities. I know their is a setup fee and the shirts cost but you have to tell us more than just "Hey I'm having this made want some".

If the OP really isn't looking to make money from this $10 bucks plus shipping or $15 shipped should be the max price. I'm guessing most here have never been involved in a group buy before.

Also are you sure the image isn't copyrighted?

Last edited:
Always wondered why their weren't more group buys here. They can be a lot of work but can also be really fun.

Before I'm in though you got to tell me what brand and quality of shirt, what dpi the screen print will be, shirt color, etc. Novelty shirt or not if I'm not going to wear it I'm not going to buy it. Not to mention the cost structure for quantities. I know their is a setup fee and the shirts cost but you have to tell us more than just "Hey I'm having this made want some".

If the OP really isn't looking to make money from this $10 bucks plus shipping or $15 shipped should be the max price. I'm guessing most here have never been involved in a group buy before.

Also are you sure the image isn't copyrighted?

I agree that all the details would need to be discussed first. I know people who screen print for a living, so the quality of the print would be there. The shirt is critical to me, as well. I've had some horrible quality shirts that ruined it for me... I just wouldn't wear it, even though the design was great. Right now, I was just trying to see if we could get 25 or 50 people interested, to make it worthwhile.

I'd like to stay around ten or twenty shipped, and I've seen and participated in automobile forum group buys in the past. They are a LOT of work! I was thinking about the copyright myself. Columbia is still around in one form or another, so...

I agree that all the details would need to be discussed first. I know people who screen print for a living, so the quality of the print would be there. The shirt is critical to me, as well. I've had some horrible quality shirts that ruined it for me... I just wouldn't wear it, even though the design was great. Right now, I was just trying to see if we could get 25 or 50 people interested, to make it worthwhile.

I'd like to stay around ten or twenty shipped, and I've seen and participated in automobile forum group buys in the past. They are a LOT of work! I was thinking about the copyright myself. Columbia is still around in one form or another, so...

I'm thinking the image is more than likely still under copyright but since it isn't Disney they probably could care less. Then again though it is the music industry and they like Disney will sue for about anything.

I've done lots of group buys if you have questions I'm willing to help as I can.

Talked to my guy, and he said some nice quality American Apparel shirts should run about ten bucks a pop, so I'm guessing the GB could be approx $15 shipped. I was thinking of using a tan or khaki type shirt to match the background of the pic. That would mean we'd only need one color screened, keeping it within the ten dollar production mark. PM me if you want to start this thing rolling...

Back
Top Bottom