You Get The Last Word!

Rome

Holsum Honey Buns
I would like to thank Dr. Strangelove for his thread, "Odd, but not Peculiar," in which, I finally got it. I am a fierce competitor & was not going stop until I mastered it.

Also, thanks to those who made the Riddle & Quote Thread a nice one.

I will start the game with a sentence. The next one to post will use the last word in my sentence to make a sentence of their own.

In the instance two or more posts are entered at the same time & their last word does not coincide with the previous last word. The next person to post will use any of the last words they choose & continue.

Let's make this thread a fun one & keep it civil. If it does well, I will throw in some change ups to the way a sentence is to be contructed.

Remember, political, racist, and/or harmful rhetoric/graphics are never to be displayed here nor on the AK forum for that matter. Here are some general rules we are to abide by to keep the peace & civility of this thread in place.

In the case of the double-post, where two or more people have their sentences show up within 2-3 minutes of each other, the last poster's sentence will have their word used to start a new one.

Now, there have been several times different last words were used to start a sentence within the posting limit rule. The same rule applies here, so I will check the time stamp if there is an infraction. Again, we take the last official word from the poster within that time limit.

(I may increrase that limit to 2-5 minutes if need be.)

Multiple Periods are not to be used, period (pun)! :D

A punctuation mark such as a period ends a sentence, even if it is used in quotation marks.
This should never happen, but just in case.

If you want to string out a chain of thought use a colon, comma, or semicolon to denote it.

Exclamation & Question marks are to be enclosed in quotation marks if used before the end of the sentence. Brackets & Dashes are OK to use in the structure of a sentence, but a colon, comma, or semicolon is the general rule.

Abbreviations, numbers, & symbols are not to be used to end a sentence as a rule.

If you see an infraction such as using the multiple periods,
using an exclamation or question mark not enclosed in quotes,
unless it is at the end of the sentence, & using numerals
or symbols at the end of a sentence instead of a word
then by all means make a notice to the offending poster.

Ole "Teach" is putting in place a new rule that if you want to delete a sentence make a note with "DNU" or its form to let us know what last word was used so that we can assess the issue if there is an infraction.

Also, I am open to any suggestions you kiddies may deem a benefit this thread. Send me a PM if you have something that may help.

Nothing further,
Ole "Teach" Rome

Here is my sentence:
Friendships are sometimes lost, but never cast from our memory.

Rome

Last edited:

I will start the game with a sentence. The next one to post will use the last word in my sentence to make a sentence of their own.

In the instance two or more posts are entered at the same time & their last word does not coincide with the previous last word. The next person to post will use any of the last words they choose & continue.

Rome

Here is what Rome said. His last word becomes your first word.

I would like to meet all of the AK members one day.

You have to START the next sentence with the LAST word of the previous sentence, not just use the word within your sentence. The previous sentence was: Mind you, to me it makes no difference at all. So your sentence should START with "All", not just contain it.

Maybe this will help make it clearer:

Friendships are sometimes lost, but never cast from our memory.
Memory: Of all the things I've lost I miss it the most.
Most people say I've lost my mind.
Mind you, to me it makes no difference at all.
All good things must come to an end.

It's like a chain, where each sentence-link is joined by matching last and first words. Now the next sentence posted should start with the word "end"...

Last edited:
Just like in my Riddle thread there were some cutups, but we still had fun.

So, I see some got it, but others were either messing around or just wanted to throw a monkey wrench in this thread. :yes:

Use the last word of the sentence to start your own. Do Not make up your own.

Rome

Let's continue with this one by SPL:
Death becomes you.

Last edited:
Worm food - that's all we are is worm food!

Point of Clarification:

Do we have to respect singular or plural?

Just like in my Riddle thread there were some cutups, but we still had fun.

So, I see some got it, but others were either messing around or just wanted to throw a monkey wrench in this thread. :yes:

Use the last word of the sentence to start your own. Do Not make up your own.

Rome

Let continue with this one by SPL:
Death becomes you.

What was wrong with mine??

I apologize to you, EPI!
Ten!, as long as the sentence is grammatically correct, it will be ok.

No more confusion or there will be some dusting erasers by the perpetrators.:thmbsp:

Class, we will continue with this one:
You did not let the kids play my records!!!!

Rome

Back
Top Bottom