N. California DIY Audio Show, Oct. 25th in Davis

cary

The Northern California DIY Audio Group show/meet is scheduled for Saturday, October 25th.

When:
9am-5pm, Saturday October 25, 2014
Where:
Stonegate Club great room, 919 Lake Blvd, Davis, CA 95616

This is a fun show, lots of DIY speakers. I will be demonstrating my Bottlehead Quickie-battery powered preamp, Quicksand-new battery powered chip amp, Bottlehead SEX amp and a pair of rebuilt EPI 100 speakers. Source will be a Marantz CD5004.

Here is a link to the club:http://www.ncdiyaudio.claub.net/
Site has not been updated yet.

Here is a link from diyaudio.com:http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/257291-fall-2014-norcal-diy-audio-group-mtg-sat-oct-25-a.html

Hope to see you there!

Cary

Here's some additional info:

The event is just around the corner - THIS SATURDAY! The final details are coming in to focus. Please read down for more info:

I'm happy to announce a new development: Jim Shaefer, a representative from IBFriedrich, makers of the Target3001 PCB design and layout software, will be on hand to answer questions and demo the software. He will also have software on CD to give out. I use this software to design all my boards and it is very powerful and the interface was easier for me to learn and seems more intuitive compared to standards like Eagle. I will have on hand a board that I designed with a novel layout using components on both sides to make the best use of the board real estate.

I'm happy to confirm that Siegfried Linkwitz will attend and will bring a pair of LXmini speakers to demo. He will also give a short informal discussion and Q&A session on speakers, radiation patterns, and rooms.

We will have a wonderful tube amplifier available for the speaker demos. Roger Modjeski of Music Reference will be bringing the RM-200. Its a 100W hybrid with discrete input and tube driver and output stages. I'd like to thank Roger for offering to make this available to the group. He will be on hand to answer your questions during the day.

Back
Top Bottom