How much 'stuffing' for mid chamber of JBL L 220?'

rockman

Hi All

Does anyone know how much 'stuffing' inside the JBL L220 mid/HF chamber was required?
Does anyone remember opening up one of these for the first time and seeing what was in there,....like as it left the factory?

So many things to know before I can actually finish this mid rebuild and bolt 'em up.
The burst appendix in August didn't help the completion much either.

They said 'What's that in your hand there, boy?'
I said 'It's a JBL LE5-9'
Next thing I knew I was in a recovery ward.

Rockman

Stuffing

Hi Again

How's your L220 project going?

Thanks for the pics.That's interesting and does answer another mystery.When I did get the cardboard tubes,they had a lot of bits of that type of stuffing material stuck on the backs of them.That's why I did think the mid/HF chamber would have had sound material inside.

One more question.How much of the empty space did that f/glass fill up?
I do have the sides of the chamber with the original stuff on them,but can't quite tell from the pics if you have that also.

Big thanks for that!! I do have some modern sound damping material saved.I knew it would come in handy.

Regards

Rockman:thmbsp:

It is one piece of insulation glued to back of midrange tube enclosure. It doesn't take up much space. You can get 6" pipe insulation from ace and use a few pieces. I have a thread on audioheritage on boro remove back panel of L220.

Stuffing

Hi S

Great photos! Just what I needed to know.Couldn't work out why those cardboard tubes had f'glass stuck to the back of them.I can see now,to support a single sheet from them.

Thanks

R

Back
Top Bottom