AudioNote surround for Snell speaks?

hotdogst

So I've got a pair of Snell K/II speakers that I'm refoaming. I intended to use replacements from AudioNote, but the inside lip of the foam is very narrow, about 1/8", and barely touches the speaker cone such that I'm not sure a strong enough seal can be made. Does anyone else have experience using AN surrounds on Snell speakers, especially on the woofer for the K/II model? Have you encountered this problem?

You don't have a lot of options. You could cut and butt splice it a bit smaller in OD. (PM me for details).
You could order foams from one of the U.S. based reputable foam suppliers and see of those fit better.
You could contact AN to complain their foams seem a bit large and ask for tip on the install.

You don't have a lot of options. You could cut and butt splice it a bit smaller in OD. (PM me for details).
You could order foams from one of the U.S. based reputable foam suppliers and see of those fit better.
You could contact AN to complain their foams seem a bit large and ask for tip on the install.

I'm waiting on a response from AN, and I have another set of 8" foams but they seem significantly more rigid than both the AN ones and the originals and obviously I'd like to use something as close to the originals as possible. In the mean time I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks for the help.

I bought a pair of surrounds from AudioNote to refoam my K IIv. They worked great. Better than anything else I could find. I believe mine have the Peerless woofers.

I once did research on acquiring a set of Snell that needed foam. Somewhere I found information on a company that is handling all Snell service issues- NOS parts etc. if I remember correctly through research I found out who acquired the company and the info maybe on their site. I don't want to steer you wrong this was within a year or two ago, it might be worth looking into.

The Snell parts dealer is Atomic HiFi, but IIRC they don't sell surrounds. You might try Rick Cobb, he's a member here and may be able to get the proper surrounds.

Back
Top Bottom