Yamaha C-6 Humm in both channels HELP!

I wouldn't use those. Panasonic, Nichicon, Elna are what you want to use. I think you bought some Chinese caps. Probably not the problem but I wouldn't put them in anything I worked on.

OK thanks for the input I went to an electronic parts outlet here and thats all they had. I went and put the old ones back in. They did not look bad but since that seemed to be part of the problem I tried to switch them.

I guess I have to take this thing to someone :( which sucks but I want it to work it seems like a really nice pre amp.

OK thanks for the input I went to an electronic parts outlet here and thats all they had. I went and put the old ones back in. They did not look bad but since that seemed to be part of the problem I tried to switch them.

I guess I have to take this thing to someone :( which sucks but I want it to work it seems like a really nice pre amp.

Whats your geographic location?

Whats your geographic location?

I am in Houston Texas Avionic. Do you happen to know anyone you can recommend?

I wish I could just do a recap myself and but I am not sure how to diagnose the problem or where to even start replacing things.

I did take it to a guy here but I dont think he knows this stuff. I still got a humm and he says well a little humm is the best he could do and its old equipment! Pfft! I am not really going for that.

So my thought is two fold one I find someone that really knows these things cause I am now down $110 for a repair that didnt work or I try it myself with some guidance. I just dont know if I am too much of a noob for DIY on this level. I am not scared its broke already but I would need some guidance on how to even start.

derhussl,
Did you get your C-6 repaired?:scratch2: I hope so. I'm getting ready to replace the electrolytic capacitors in mine this weekend. Reviewing the schematics I see that this unit has four Fuss Resistors and four Varistors VD1212 both of these components have been known to cause problems.

Back
Top Bottom