Yamaha CR-600.... Kabooley Help

+48V

hi-fi or die
I'm contemplating reviving my Yamaha CR-600 receiver that was sorely abused and went teats-hup one evening...or was it early morning? Yes...early morning it was during a very "energetic" birthday blast circa 1988. For 10 years this puppy severed me well but on said event and wee hour frivolity.... I blew something. The last 21 years it's been securely tucked away savoring the day it may be re-animated.

the ugly:
As I recall I had it cranked to "11" when the turntable took a pretty significant hit thereby pummeling x amount of jolt and related "jazz" to the phono input. Blew the internal speaker output fuses and the main. Upon replacing all the fuses, sadly it will no longer power up.

Would appreciate anyone who may be able to point me as to what board component(s) would most likely need replacing and how or what I would need to check or troubleshoot. Power supply? Capacitors?...I'm clueless on where to start or proceed.

You probably blew out a couple output transistors.The big ones that are mounted on the large black heatsinks.Remove them one at a time and check with a meter for shorts.Pay attention to which ones came out of which socket.If you put them back in the wrong socket and they were not bad they will be bad once you re-apply power.

thanks for the pointers. :thmbsp:

Looks like I'm off to do a bit of "light reading" and get some testing gear. What the little I know about this stuff.....it should make a fun bench project. :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom