Pf-800 tt help!

2tumsup

I've been using this as my main TT and it has been working flawlessly and I really like this beauty.
I went to play it earlier this evening and it won't power up. I checked the belt in case it was broken but it's a new belt only a month old and that is not the issue. I changed the power outlet plug and still nothing.
Don't know what the issue could be.
Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I've been using this as my main TT and it has been working flawlessly and I really like this beauty.
I went to play it earlier this evening and it won't power up. I checked the belt in case it was broken but it's a new belt only a month old and that is not the issue. I changed the power outlet plug and still nothing.
Don't know what the issue could be.
Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Get the owners manual and go through the auto tonearm lift at run out.
Turn that little knob completely CCW and try to power on the table

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/yamaha/pf-800.shtml.

Power on switch might have sh*t the bed.

Last edited:
Could be something as simple as a dirty power switch in need of some DeOxit.
My PF-1000 (same switch) gave me some trouble when it had sat a while.

Could be something as simple as a dirty power switch in need of some DeOxit.
My PF-1000 (same switch) gave me some trouble when it had sat a while.

If it was the switch (which has just a toggle function) you could still see the red LED lighting up when moving the tonearm to the inner groove.

Whew - I de-oxited the on/off button and turned the knob ccw as suggested. Nothing changed.
Left it over night and tried again this morning and it worked.
So it's working now as before but I'm still a little concerned that it might happen again.
Thanks for the suggestions and apparently one or both of them worked.
Much appreciated THANK YOU

Whew - I de-oxited the on/off button and turned the knob ccw as suggested. Nothing changed.
Left it over night and tried again this morning and it worked.
So it's working now as before but I'm still a little concerned that it might happen again.
Thanks for the suggestions and apparently one or both of them worked.
Much appreciated THANK YOU

You will need to re-adjust for correct pick up in the inner groove. Fully CCW will not pick-up at the end of the LP.

You will need to re-adjust for correct pick up in the inner groove. Fully CCW will not pick-up at the end of the LP.

It never did pick up at the end of the LP. Is there something I'm missing here? Please suggest what I should do. Thanks in advance.

It never did pick up at the end of the LP. Is there something I'm missing here? Please suggest what I should do. Thanks in advance.

Try the adjustment procedure in the owners manual. Mine didn't pick up either until I adjusted it.

Last edited:
Got it! Now works - can have a longer shower now as before it would still keep playing at the end of an LP. Now it lifts and switches off.
Dave, you're the best - thanks.
Now if only you could get a screw loose - C4 knob screw loose that is - LOL.
Once again - thanks a lot

Got it! Now works - can have a longer shower now as before it would still keep playing at the end of an LP. Now it lifts and switches off.
Dave, you're the best - thanks.
Now if only you could get a screw loose - C4 knob screw loose that is - LOL.
Once again - thanks a lot

Are you using the correct allen wrench ? 1.5mm ? Maybe a drop of penetrating oil as well.

Last edited:
Sounds like your power switch is on the way out.

I have a PF-1000 that I just spent a good deal of time diagnosing why the cueing mechanism stopped working. Like you, cleaning it would work for a while but eventually it would stop working again. It turns out the switch had a short in it and the voltage interruption was too low (3.4V, should have been 11.4V) to trigger the flip-flop to energize the solenoid. The cueing switch is identical to the power switch and is an ALPS SPPJ223200. I bought some from Mouser.

Back
Top Bottom