Best Looking Receiver of all Time

quatsino

Mirror, Mirror on the wall…

I like a hundred receivers out there for all types of reasons. It’s time to separate the prom queens from the wallflowers however and I’d be interested if it is possible to establish a general consensus on the best looking receiver line of all time.

Maybe throw in your favorite for most handsome single faceplate outside of the line.

Sansui x0x0’s, QRX or G-Series, Marantz, Technics SA’s, HK’s, Pioneer QX’s and Flouroscans, Rotel… Kenwoods all have their own look – the list is endless. I’m thinking specifically of the finest face design – drawn by a mature hand. (and likely able to attract the attention of most of the masses).

It might be easiest to consider non-lighted mode only and let’s forget about the surrounding case…

My vote for best series design of all time is Pioneer’s xx50 line.
My vote for sexiest single receiver of all time is the Marantz 2285B

This may be a good poll question if it’s never been done.

I'll be the first to chime in.As we all know it is a matter of preference but my vote for best looking receiver is...Pioneer SX3900.Maybe the combo digital analogue that does it for me.A close second is Marantz 2330B.In wood.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall…
My vote for best series design of all time is Pioneer’s xx50 line.
My vote for sexiest single receiver of all time is the Marantz 2285B

This may be a good poll question if it’s never been done.

but how about pictures?

gychang

Yamaha CR-3020

YamahaCR-3020view006.jpg

There is a thread on this question already. Think the consensus was there was no consensus.

Beautiful Yamaha Mark.

OK so I'll throw my limited experience...the one I'd most like to have (besides a Mac) for many reasons including looks is the Sansui 9090 or 9090DB. A beauty by all standards I would hope. I also loke the G's for looks and performance.

I am partial to my Marantz 2275. Those blue lights walnut cabinet are so soothing to look at. But isn't it really all about the MUSIC ?

Agree the Marantz 2330b receiver in wood is a very nice looking receiver.

Here is what it looks like.

Marantz_2330B_Receiver_a.jpg

Cheers, Snade

Citation Receiver from h/k.

Rosewood inlay on the top.

After almost 30 years, still is subtle and awe inspiring.

The design will never be dated as far as I am concerned.

I think the black-faced Optonica receivers are sexy as hell!

Steve

With the teardrop shape controls they were nice indeed and very pretty to look at but I was not impressed with the sound. I sold it 8 months after I bought it.

I am partial to the Marantz and Sansui lines myself. There is a reason I hold onto my Marantz 2100 tuner..... Just so damn pretty to look at.

I have been looking for a Pioneer SX-850 or higher for some time now and I also love the way they look, but I've got to say those Sansui 9090's are pretty awsome looking!

My Pick Photos

Someone asked for photos for my picks.

Favorite Series - example of Pioneer SX-950 attached.
Favorite Single Receiver - Marantz 2285B attached.

I love that Yamaha 3020 as well as the Marantz 2330B posted - gorgeous.

Some time back I bought an Akai AA-1200 just based on looks alone - I haven't even plugged it in yet!

Good thing we aren't limited to owning one as it would be a tough call!

Attachments

• Pioneer SX-950.JPG
    Pioneer SX-950.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 1,593
  • Marantz 2285B.jpg
    Marantz 2285B.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Akai AA-1200.JPG
    Akai AA-1200.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,860
Back
Top Bottom