Echowars, Contacting for Repair Work

loudness

Can anyone tell me how to contact Echowars ?
I have a Pioneer SX-1010 that has issues & have read great reviews about his work.
I've tried PM & Email & have not received any responses.
Thanks!!

He's just one man, and typically has a repair queue months long.

Be patient, I'm sure he'll get back to you.

Yep, be patient. I contacted him with a similar question one time and it took a week to hear back. I don't want to speak for him, but like redcoates said, he usually has a list months long.

I do not see any PM's from you. I do see an email coming through AK. I had a busy weekend and a Sunday Easter get-together with the family, so I pretty much blew off all my email comm for the weekend. I get, on average, 10 to 15 Audiokarma PM's, plus another 20+ emails per day with requests for information or repairs, which typically take hours to properly answer, so from time to time I'll just set them aside for a day or two so I can actually get some work done...or have a day doing something other than sitting in front of the computer answering email. ;)

I'll get back to you...promise.

I don't know what you do for a living but you have obviously developed a well deserved cult following here. No doubt you could have a very successful repair business provided there are enough hrs in the day to attend to the work. God knows there is an endless potential queue of vintage gear out there. Most hobbyists like me who can do only the basic stuff have had less than stellar experiences with their local shops or hit or miss techs that one learns about from the net. You are great resource of info as you graciously provide advice which can be accessed free from your 20k posts. I feel lucky that I was able to have you work on my two projects in the past and wish there were 10 guys like you so I could get full restos for my KR 9400, C-2x and AU-717.

Sooner or later (probably later...) we'll get to them. In the meantime, enjoy that Sherwood. ;)

I'd not argue with that. But I might mention that there are other great techs that I've grown accustomed to working closely with here on AK, and who I believe share a general philosophy of getting it done right that closely mirrors my own, and I have no problems recommending them to anyone who comes to me looking to have work done but is unwilling to wait 18~24 months (or more). These guys are probably the closest I'll get to a working partner.

If only I could talk them into moving to KC... :scratch2:

I'd not argue with that. But I might mention that there are other great techs that I've grown accustomed to working closely with here on AK, and who I believe share a general philosophy of getting it done right that closely mirrors my own, and I have no problems recommending them to anyone who comes to me looking to have work done but is unwilling to wait 18~24 months (or more). These guys are probably the closest I'll get to a working partner.

I will move to KC....but I do't know how to fix anything...:scratch2:

18-24 months!!! I was lucky, I got my amp back in three!!!

:banana:

And it's still going strong....

:music:

I do not see any PM's from you. I do see an email coming through AK. I had a busy weekend and a Sunday Easter get-together with the family, so I pretty much blew off all my email comm for the weekend. I get, on average, 10 to 15 Audiokarma PM's, plus another 20+ emails per day with requests for information or repairs, which typically take hours to properly answer, so from time to time I'll just set them aside for a day or two so I can actually get some work done...or have a day doing something other than sitting in front of the computer answering email. ;)

I'll get back to you...promise.
Are you still doing service work? I have a Marantz SR6000dc with no sound and gages not working.
Thanks in advance.

Could you recommend a tech to repair my Marantz SR6000dc and a Kenwood KR-8340?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom