Pioneer PL-600 (silver)

gizzyman47

My PL-600 table started acting up. The arm "raise/lower" function stopped/started/stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

I had just replaced the arm belt last month thinking that was part of the problem. Anyway, those issues are not related I discovered.

So yesterday I decided to open it up again to see if I could fix the issue.:scratch2:

I was sure it was the switch needing some deoxit. To do this is more of a pain than installing the tonearm belt. You have to remove the board to gain access to the switches. There are about 8-10 screws you have to remove to be able to remove the board. Really, not that bad! I was glad that I didn't have to desolder anything though.

Anyway, got it all put back together and It's working fine so far!:banana: Hopefully I don't have any more issues with it, I have vinyl to listen to dammit!:music:

Good to hear, I have the same table - so far so good but nice to see another one
still kicking from the 80's. One of things that continues to concern me with it is the switches and when they will need attention. I am sure it will bring you many years of great music.
Congrats

Well, here's an update. The arm worked fine for a while but acted up again. Then it started working fine again. Used the table last weekend with no issues.

So I'm thinking maybe its the mechanism/gears, lubrication? I guess I'll just keep using it till it acts up again, then open it up and see if I can figure out what's going on with it.

I have one of these in my main system. It is my favourite table that I have owned. Got to love how smooth the movement is.

Once the arm lift stopped working but it started working again and has been fine since.

I’m a bit hazy about the details right now, but I had an arm that wasn’t traversing properly. It seemed a little ‘tire’ that drove a cam (part 52 in the SM) wasn’t getting good traction. I used naptha on the tire and roughed the cam a bit and that seemed to take care of things.

Good luck with your turntable!

Back
Top Bottom