Help me Obi Wan Kenobe-KA-7010 same as KA-7020?

Ishmael

I am awaiting the arrival of a Kenwood KA-7010 integrated amplifier. I am quite excited about this amplifier because while it looks like a BPS, looks hide a lot. It is a true dual power amplifier with two transformers and has modern multi-use speaker terminals, no longer spring loaded for bare wire. Finding information about this amplifier is difficult. From the few AK posts I have found this was likely a military px and/or perhaps European model. I have found a service manual for the KA-7020 at hifiengine which appears to be similar, but where the KA-7020 has two capacitors, the KA-7010 has four capacitors, two per channel. So I don't know if the service manual for the KA-7020 will help. Does anyone know where a service manual for the 7010 can be found, again I checked the manuals here at AK and no manual there.

I am awaiting the arrival of a Kenwood KA-7010 integrated amplifier. I am quite excited about this amplifier because while it looks like a BPS, looks hide a lot. It is a true dual power amplifier with two transformers and has modern multi-use speaker terminals, no longer spring loaded for bare wire. Finding information about this amplifier is difficult. From the few AK posts I have found this was likely a military px and/or perhaps European model. I have found a service manual for the KA-7020 at hifiengine which appears to be similar, but where the KA-7020 has two capacitors, the KA-7010 has four capacitors, two per channel. So I don't know if the service manual for the KA-7020 will help. Does anyone know where a service manual for the 7010 can be found, again I checked the manuals here at AK and no manual there.

There are difference in the power amp section at least:
KA-7010 uses two pair power transistor from Sanken 2sa1215 2sc2921 while Kenwood KA-7020 use 4 pair panasonic 2sd1717/ 2sb1162 for the output

Fonon thanks for the specifications sheet for this amplifier. I have found a couple sites that offer free downloads of service manuals for the KA-7010, but I am a little leary of downloads from sites I have no familiarity with, so I have been watching the bay to see if a manual would pop up for sale. Diepbtt thank you for the differences noted. When this arrives I will do a look through and post pictures, describe what I find. From fonon's spec sheet I have high hopes for this amplifier. I have a very nice Hitachi tuner to partner with it. I wasn't surprised at last minute bidding on this amplifier, though I think at $36.00 I made a good purchase if it works as described. That's always the big if.

Fonon is the spec sheet part of a service/user manual? If so where did you go to get/purchase your manual?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have no the manuals. I found a few sites with free service manuals for KA-7010, but the manuals were for KA-701 in actual fact.
Regards,
f.

fonon I think these are the same sites I came across. When you hit the manual it comes up KA-701, KA-7010 and KA-7011 all on the same manual? They require you to download their pdf software before you can load the free manual and from an unknown site I am just not willing to down load anything these days. So I keep checking the bay, but I think this is going to be a long wait as the KA-7010 seems to be fairly rare. Now if I could only speak Japanese, there seems to be quite a following for them in Japan.

Hurray! It works, all lights light up, no noise through any tone controls. Sounds quite good through my Radio Shack Pro 77 bench speakers. I will clean it up this weekend and look for pictures and my review to follow. Color me happy.

I have posted the pictures on the more recent post for this amplifier, enjoy. Now if I can find a service manual or what the DC offset for this amplifier is.

Back
Top Bottom