HHscott LT-110b on its way

hunter00

Since aquireing a hhscott LC-21 preamp ive been on the look-out for a scott stereo tube tuner as well as a scott LK-150 amp.Ive had a couple close calls on the amp but the right deal is still eluding me.
Well finally found a Scott stereo tube tuner that should fit right in to this hhscott project,the LT-110b .Its a scott kit build like my lc-21 and has a decent rep for sensitivity and sound.
Should receive it soon then it will have caps/resistors replaced

Hunter

Congrats on the lt 110b and im sure youl like it.i have a 110 with the chocoalte face and use to use it with my lk72 with the same faceplate.enjoy and im sure a lk 150 will come your way eventually.

Another LT-110 owner here. A knowledgeable person who hangs in the 'tubes' forum tells me it is a 'factory built' model, but am not sure how one would tell. Will eventually get around to a recap & alignment and use as the alter-ego (altar ;)) hooked up to the HK Coronet receiver. Think I'll move the MR65A on to another home.

thx guy's,yes its going to my buddy for full restoration,Its complete minus one knob and the faceplate is clean,original tubes as well.
Ive got a Godar fm antenna so will see just how good this tuner is when set up.
Its time to get into more FM as I generally spin vinyl.

hunter

As you will likely get to yours before I get to mine, post here (with pic's ?) the progress through your restoration. We are stuffing can caps in my HK Coronet due to the unavailability of the needed new can caps in order to maintain a 'stock' appearance on the chassis top.

I have one that I purchased from a retired engineer for KDKA radio station (the very first commercial station, by the way) who had built the tuner and used it up until I bought it. He was keeping the Klipschorns, dammit. It works well, but I'll have someone replace the caps at some point.

Attachments

• DSC_0295.jpg
    DSC_0295.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 46
Congrats on the lt 110b and im sure youl like it.i have a 110 with the chocoalte face and use to use it with my lk72 with the same faceplate.enjoy and im sure a lk 150 will come your way eventually.

Just acquired a Scott LK-150 this morning ,now fingers are x-ed on UPS safe delivery!

scott LT 110b arrives,recapp to begin soon

Attachments

• DSCF1412.jpg
    DSCF1412.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF1413.jpg
    DSCF1413.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF1416.jpg
    DSCF1416.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 34
Picked up my HHscott Lt-110b this weekend and have been having fun with it all day.This is one sensitive tuner!Almost to a fault as it picks up everything.The alignment was spot on ,we replaced the dial and metre lights,tested all tubes and just had to replace one.Has been fully recapped. These are very good sounding tuners as well
Running with my Fisher tube pre in these picks but it sounds equaly awesome with its companion LK-150 amp and lc-21 pre

Hunter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom