Tuner Alignment for AM/FM

MarioMania

I want to fix some radios I have to get it when it new, Well Vintage ones up to 1600 kHz

I have a Aircraft Radio I want to turn it in to the FM band 87.5-107.9 MHz

What tuning Caps do I have to look for on both AM & FM?

If you do not have the alignment instructions for them as well as the equipment and experience, have a knowledgeable tech do it who does or you will end up with a doorstop. From what you wrote, I suspect you do not have the experience or alignment instructions. I suspect many a good unit has hit the dumpster after a beginner tried.to do an alignment.

I want to fix some radios I have to get it when it new, Well Vintage ones up to 1600 kHz

I have a Aircraft Radio I want to turn it in to the FM band 87.5-107.9 MHz

What tuning Caps do I have to look for on both AM & FM?

To convert an aircraft radio to cover the FM broadcast band, for a number of technical reasons, it is not as simple as just making some internal adjustments.

Afaik commo FM is narrow bandpass frequency modulation, whereas commercial broadcast FM radio is wide bandpass FM.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Can't speak for aircraft but the railroad frequencies recently had the bandwidth and channel spacing cut from 15 kHz to 7.5 kHz. I don't think any of the new frequencies are in service but when they are, older radios will be picking up adjacent channels.

Well I tried it, with Trial & Error of cource

I found where to mess around with the VHF Band, I don't really care anyways for the Aircraft Band

I left AM alone, It's the Radio Shack Realistic Jetstream Model No. 12-601

Attachments

• IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 16
I was doing some tweaking on the VHF band, I can't go now more then 107.5 MHz

I have my Wireless FM Transmitter tuned to 87.5 MHz for when I'm turning the little screw tuning cap on the bottom, not the IF Caps..I have Music on 87.5 MHz to know where I'm at

Back
Top Bottom