Klipsch KG4 - asking $225

Lo-Fidelity

I am going to look at these in the morning. They have water stains on the top, but are represented as sounding very good and mechanically good.

What do you guys think a fair price would be?

He is going to have them hooked up so I can audition them. Anything special to be aware / look for?

That price is near top of the mark so they better be very nice. Let the music be the judge. I like them a lot. The mids/highs can be a little harsh but the Bob Crites mod will smooth them out.

Pay whatever you feel comfortable with. I've owned four pairs, all in good shape. The most I ever spent was $175. 3 pairs off of CL, one pair from a pawn shop. One pair already had the Crites mod. Sold my last pair a couple of years ago for $200. They were $500-$550 pair new. I sold them when they first came out.

We'll see tomorrow. These are going to be a gift, and I am starting to get concerned about the cosmetics. I don't need to add another refinish project to the list. This will be a good opportunity to listen to the KG line as I haven't heard them. If I really like the sound I may get them if I think I can get the finish right.

More dependent on the area of the country maybe. I've seen numerous pairs this year in the sub $200 range, not on ebay though. That being said they are worth $225 pair if in good condition. I've been thinking of getting a pair again so I've been watching. I've seen higher priced ones, but also plenty of lower priced ones. But decided I have enough for now.

Last edited:
They're fine speakers without any mods.

I paid $100 for a pair that are 8.5 - 9 out of 10s.

I've had mine for about 15 years now, bought them from some dealer buddies of mine(banner at bottom of page) that took them in on trade from the original owner(little old lady, only drove it on sundays). Paid 275, in original cartons, consecutive serial numbers, performance certified. Would gladly do it again for a pair in the same condition.

Listened to them this morning. Liked the sound, but cosmetically not good enough as a present to a woman (missing badges and inspection stickers, chip in veneer, etc.). He had them listed for $250 (not $225 like I posted earlier) and was only willing to go to $220 today.

Guess I am still looking. Thanks for all the input and help.

They are great speakers but not uncommon by any means. I like the sound of them stock but they really come alive with the Crites mod. If you haven't heard the difference, you are really in for a surprise. The mids and highs can be slightly raggy which the mod addresses completely. Don't discount stock ones though. We always called them the best $500 pr. you could buy when they came out and I think they probably really were. That's when you could buy a halfway decent used car for $500.

It's my opinion, and my opinion only, that unless they are dead mint, $200-$225 is a very fair price.

Will you know how it is when buying for a lady. Gift needs to be in a nice box. These cabinets weren't that bad, but I would have to buy badges and do something about finish.

Back
Top Bottom