Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Here is mine. It is the "parlor" room of my old circa-1920 house. I am going to be adding a bookshelf on the left at some point. I have a sitting chair and a coffee table. The Sony tower speakers are decent, but I need to upgrade. Also, the turntable, a Technics SL-BD20 is really my backup. I have a Dual 1009 that is my baby, but needs a lube job to the motor, so I switched out until I have time. The receiver is a Nikko NR-819 that I love more than I thought I would, to be honest. I found the rack at a vintage store amidst looking for something that could hold a decent amount of vinyl AND my receiver. Score :)

Attachments

• receiver.jpg
    receiver.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 357
8635652677_8c449a391b_c.jpg

Where did you get this stand?

lol..Ive seen alot of big rooms in this thread...

I have to say, I might not have the smallest but it does seem a bit cramped...10x10sf

There is another Tower out of the pic to the left, as well as a huge executive corner desk and a bed...Thats it

attachment.php

Small family room with "new" lo-fi system - and I couldn't be happier with it!!

Realistic SA-101 Amplifier (a whole 3.5 watts per channel) and a Realistic TM-102 AM/FM Tuner mated with a pair of real walnut veneer Realistic MC-600 speakers - acoustic suspension design with rubber surrounds.

…..complete with RCA adapter for my iPod/iPad, etc

…..sounds WAY better then it should!!!! ….and that the specs clearly show!!

....interesting what VERY little money can give you!!

Small family room with "new" lo-fi system - and I couldn't be happier with it!!

Realistic SA-101 Amplifier (a whole 3.5 watts per channel) and a Realistic TM-102 AM/FM Tuner mated with a pair of real walnut veneer Realistic MC-600 speakers - acoustic suspension design with rubber surrounds.

…..complete with RCA adapter for my iPod/iPad, etc

…..sounds WAY better then it should!!!! ….and that the specs clearly show!!

....interesting what VERY little money can give you!!

One my favorites in the ENTIRE THREAD! Giant Killer

Does my office system count? I listen to it more than my 'real' system at home, as I have music spinning the entire time I'm at the office (unless I'm in meetings).

Realistic SOLO-103 speakers:

16149138562_27e173cee6_b.jpg

Rega Planar 2, Aikido LV, Magnavox AMP196BA:

18281339590_2e6b48f00d_b.jpg

I bring records to work but also stream KEXP from that little tiny computer next to the left speaker (or WMA lossless files) via a USB Sabre DAC.

-D

Does my office system count? I listen to it more than my 'real' system at home, as I have music spinning the entire time I'm at the office (unless I'm in meetings).

Realistic SOLO-103 speakers:

16149138562_27e173cee6_b.jpg

Rega Planar 2, Aikido LV, Magnavox AMP196BA:

18281339590_2e6b48f00d_b.jpg

I bring records to work but also stream KEXP from that little tiny computer next to the left speaker (or WMA lossless files) via a USB Sabre DAC.

-D

Cool! Does anyone ever complain about the Master of puppets?? haha Or do you not listen at offending levels while at work?

When I was at work, I would use headphones and people would STILL COMPLAIN! wtf?

Here are some pics of my small listen space. It's approx. 11 1/2' wide by 7 1/2' deep with 9 1/2' ceilings. It's a really warm feeling room.
If I don't have anyone listening with me I move out one of the chairs and sit in the sweet spot.The distance from speakers to chair is about 5'.
I spend a lot of time here :music:.

_MG_8330_zps3osinbif.jpg

Seating.
_MG_8321_zpsdlpxugg9.jpg

Most of my cd collection.
_MG_8329_zpsiripkquo.jpg

Gear: Rega P3 24 with Groovetracer sub platter, Denon DL 110. Table its on Symposium Rollerblocks which sit on a Symposium platform.
Below that is a Sutherland Insight phono pre and a Rega TTPSU. Next shelf has a Rega Planet cd player and the piece on the bottom is a Naim 5i2. The speakers are Totem Arro which sit on Symposium Rollerblocks. Power cords, interconnects and speaker cables are Audio Art. The stand is made by Sanus. I'd like to replace it soon.
_MG_8334_zpsenosh08i.jpg

The record cleaning station with an older Record Doctor, Mofi brushes and Audio Intelligent solutions.
_MG_8327_zpsh3urtbk0.jpg

More record storage.
_MG_8336_zpssc1ew12o.jpg

Last edited:
^^^Great looking space! The Arro is a surprising speaker with how low it goes and they soundstage like champs.

Love the table between the chairs as well - is it new or a vintage piece?

^^^Great looking space! The Arro is a surprising speaker with how low it goes and they soundstage like champs.

Love the table between the chairs as well - is it new or a vintage piece?

Thank you! Yes, the Arro is a deceiving speaker. Soundstaging was one reason why I bought them but I was really surprised at the low end for such a small driver.
The table is vintage, made by Lane.

Here are some pics of my small listen space. It's approx. 11 1/2' wide by 7 1/2' deep with 9 1/2' ceilings. It's a really warm feeling room.
If I don't have anyone listening with me I move out one of the chairs and sit in the sweet spot.The distance from speakers to chair is about 5'.
I spend a lot of time here :music:.

_MG_8330_zps3osinbif.jpg

Seating.
_MG_8321_zpsdlpxugg9.jpg

Most of my cd collection.
_MG_8329_zpsiripkquo.jpg

Gear: Rega P3 24 with Groovetracer sub platter, Denon DL 110. Table its on Symposium Rollerblocks which sit on a Symposium platform.
Below that is a Sutherland Insight phono pre and a Rega TTPSU. Next shelf has a Rega Planet cd player and the piece on the bottom is a Naim 5i2. The speakers are Totem Arro which sit on Symposium Rollerblocks. Power cords, interconnects and speaker cables are Audio Art. The stand is made by Sanus. I'd like to replace it soon.
_MG_8334_zpsenosh08i.jpg

The record cleaning station with an older Record Doctor, Mofi brushes and Audio Intelligent solutions.
_MG_8327_zpsh3urtbk0.jpg

More record storage.
_MG_8336_zpssc1ew12o.jpg
WOW !!!
Very cool. Well thought out and very functional with a great look. I dig the record cleaning station. The Totem's are very surprising as mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom