Denon AVR590 part help

Nightmare

Sorry to bother with such mundane stuff but I have a problem that I can not resolve short of ditching my Denon AVR-590 AV Surround Receiver. I had my TV cable box connected to one of the three HDMI inputs, the other two were being used by the ROKU player and the last by my Panasonic BD80 Blu Ray Player. All were using the HDMI inputs and of course the HDMI out was connected to my Panasonic 58" Plasma TV.

Near as I can tell, the cable box (rented from Bright House Networks) fried and sent a strong enough power signal down the HDMI cable that it fried the input chip on the board in the AV Surround Receiver. The cable box was brand new, less than a week old when this happened. It also fried the ROKU player, but luckily the Blu Ray and TV were protected, either because they were off at the time or because of the high quality HDMI cables that I was using that prevented the high energy pulse from traveling down the cable if that is even possible.

Anyways, the input chip on the AV board was fried and the ROKU was fried as well. The ROKU still works except that there is no picture. The cable box was a total loss and Bright House replaced it with a new box but is of course claiming that it was impossible for their box to do that, whereas I know that it was the boxes fault. If it was a power spike across the electrical wires, then every thing that I had hooked to that specific outlet would have been fried and that is not the case.

Everything else works on the Denon receiver, just the HDMI 3 in's are fried. I can not tell about the out because with no in, there is no way for me to test the out.

Anyways, I need a new HDMI board and am having the most difficult time in trying to locate one, or a used unit for parts that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg, with no gaurantee that the part I need is going to work.

Were can I get a new or used HDMI board?

Part number: Denon AVR1610HDMI 7020-06810-000-0S

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Door stop. Even if you were able to find replacement boards, the cost would likely be way in excess of the value of that 6 year old receiver. Then, there's the risk that another widget inside got cooked along with the hdmi boards.

Maybe find a used one on ebay for parts or just get a new receiver.

Murray

Door stop. Even if you were able to find replacement boards, the cost would likely be way in excess of the value of that 6 year old receiver. Then, there's the risk that another widget inside got cooked along with the hdmi boards.

Maybe find a used one on ebay for parts or just get a new receiver.

Murray

I would no sooner do that then trash my A9 Amp because a light is burnt out.

Your answer equates to throw out the car because the radio does not work.

Thank you for your response but I think that I will keep looking.

I'd like to back up skippy a bit here. I only work on Yamaha AV receivers and there the cost of a replacement HDMI board routinely exceeds the actual street price for a new receiver. They are in the range of $250-$450 depending on the model. Absent a cheap parts machine with a good HDMI board, it's a doorstop.

I'd like to back up skippy a bit here. I only work on Yamaha AV receivers and there the cost of a replacement HDMI board routinely exceeds the actual street price for a new receiver. They are in the range of $250-$450 depending on the model. Absent a cheap parts machine with a good HDMI board, it's a doorstop.

Thank you for your response. And yes, I agree that absent a cheap part, it will probably be some type non HDMI AV kit. I have been doing additional research and understand that the board is not manufactured by Denon. I was hoping that someone somewhere would have a parts unit on a shelf that was not working and had it for parts and may have been able to provide the piece that I needed.

I myself have a couple of Pioneer A9 units that are part units.

I just want to avoid buying a new AV receiver if possible.

Thank you both for your responses, I do appreciate the input.

So, Mods please close. I will post a new thread in the WTB or Market Place Forum, or whatever it is called here. Thank you again though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom