RMAF Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2014 - Who's going?

I might go. It is a long ways. I would have to drive clear across town.:D

I'll probably be there.

Great! We should try to meet for a drink or something. Last time a few of us (random) AKers met up for dinner and a cocktail and good conversation.

I got a confirmation that I'm in at the Marriott, so they must still have rooms at the show rate ($99/night). :thmbsp:

I will be going. Took my then 18 year old with me last year. After about 2 hours of room hopping he turned to me and said, "Dad, why do all the rooms with turntables sound better?" Ah Ha … he can hear! Woo Hoo!!!

Only four months to go! :)

Anybody else counting down the days? :D

It's been a few weeks - who else is going? (You know you want to. Everybody is doing it!)

First round is on me ...

A good friend of mine Mr. David Dicks c/o Commonsenseaudio.com will be exhibiting, just got the word today. He builds speakers using full range drivers of his own design. First time he's ever demo'd them in a public setting.

A good friend of mine Mr. David Dicks c/o Commonsenseaudio.com will be exhibiting, just got the word today. He builds speakers using full range drivers of his own design. First time he's ever demo'd them in a public setting.

Great drivers for sure. I'd love to meet Mr. Dicks. Might have to make a return trip to Denver. :scratch2:

cubdog

Not to be a debbie downer but I have been to a few RMAF and was totally turned off to the hobby as a whole after going. The snobbishness was so abundant that we actually left early the last time we went.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great folk and companies there, but they were far out weighed...

Hope you folks have a better time then me.

Grumpy

I'll probably be heading up to RMAF at least for one day, probably saturday, but plans may change, we'll see. I've been meaning to get up to it for a couple years now....

I'll be going. Went last year and had a blast,ran into Sting browsing through the vinyl.I really like checking out all the high end gear even though I can't afford it.

Not to be a debbie downer but I have been to a few RMAF and was totally turned off to the hobby as a whole after going. The snobbishness was so abundant that we actually left early the last time we went.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great folk and companies there, but they were far out weighed...

Hope you folks have a better time then me.

Grumpy

Grumpy is right that there is snobbishness there (Audio Note room!) But there are some good, fun folks too (Roy Hall, Music Hall room). Pretty much everyone at CanJam are good people. JH audio, Schiit Audio, Todd the Vinyl Junkie, Ultimate Ears have always been friendly when I have been there.

I will be returning again this year.

My experience at the past few audio shows has been quite positive. Yes, I have experienced a few douche-bags, so I've simply walked to the next room, often to find the opposite environment. :thmbsp:

Looking forward to it again this year!

I've been to about 40 audio shows over the years and they all had a few douche-bags but you take the good with the bad and my experience with RMAF was overwhelmingly good.

Admittedly, that was several years ago when the focus was probably more on the DIY/low-power systems I like but this is a show I'd like to take in again someday.

My Colorado work trip just got penciled in for the week that butts up to the RMAF, anyone want to bet that gets changed ?

Grumpy is right that there is snobbishness there (Audio Note room!)

Interesting, the Audio Note room has been one of my favorites at the last couple AK fests and at Axpona a couple of years ago. I wonder if that is the same guy, somewhat quiet, very knowledgeable about music?

Back
Top Bottom