Back in the McSaddle again

bre's dad

I drank what?!?
I built up a respectable vintage Mac system (C28/MC2105/MR74) but had to sell it for various reasons, something I regretted. Well the McGods must be happy with me as a week ago by chance I picked up a C26 & tonight grabbed the MC2105 the same guy had. They're sounding great with some ML-1C's I restored a few years ago w/ the MQ101. Just a few nights ago I picked up a set of XR14's that once refoamed & recapped will probably replaced the ML-1C's. Just need a tuner to complete the set... and while not a McIntosh, I also found a Phillips CD880. Damn I'm in heaven tonight...:music:

I just stuff the amp in place last night so this is no means the final layout. The sub pictured isn't needed with the ML-1C's. I had that in place when I had some Klipsch Heresys hooked up. If I keep the Heresys on the system, the sub is needed but sounds crappy with the ML-1C's. I hope to hook those up and see how they sound with the full McSystem. Turntable is a Kyocera PL-701. My wife took the good camera to a football game, so the quality on this one is kinda crappy but here it is:

Last edited:
Your wife took the good camera to the football game and you stayed home to take photos of your new Mac gear?

You've got the sickness really bad, sounds like something I've done!

By the way- nice gear!

Your wife took the good camera to the football game and you stayed home to take photos of your new Mac gear?

You've got the sickness really bad, sounds like something I've done!

By the way- nice gear!

She took our nephew to a Colts game and someone had to stay home with the kids. Actually I took the kids to my folk's for the day. I'd rather do that than fight the traffic.

LOL... the ever present UVerse receiver bringin' down the mood!

Funny, I have a little Bose Acoustimass III subwoofer that is kind of like that JVC which I've used by itself as a bass booster to surprisingly good results in past systems. Most people had no idea it was there, but the roll off from the smaller driver speakers I was using (BeoLab Pentas) was near perfect.

Nice setup!

The JVC sub is coming out. I needed it with the Heresys and some MB Quarts I rotate though. The ML-1C out does the sub. All the sub adds is muddiness.

Back
Top Bottom