RSL 1600 Mini Monitor

tacticaltechno

I went to the local Goodwill, and came across an RSL 1600 Mini Monitor. Its a 2 way 60 watt speaker. Its got a 6.5" woofer, and a dome tweeter. There was only one cabinet. Unfortunatly a little bit of the surround is torn away due to age I'm assuming, so I plan to maybe fix that. The other cabinet I am unsure of where it is. I bought it for 10 dollars. Good find???

Keep going back, daily, and you may be surprised to find the mate turns up. Why they do that, is anybody's guess.

Once you get a pair, and replace the surrounds (You can fix that), then you'll know just what you have.

luvvinvinyl said:
Keep going back, daily, and you may be surprised to find the mate turns up. Why they do that, is anybody's guess.

Once you get a pair, and replace the surrounds (You can fix that), then you'll know just what you have.

The one cabinet sounds pretty good, its clear. I've tested a few songs with clarity, and it does it pretty well.

luvvinvinyl said:
If it sounds good, now, just imagine how much better it will sound with a new surround.

Haha yea. I'll get it fixed. But im curious as to something. I have a pair of wharfedale e70 speakers hooked up to A channel, and the 1 RSL to the First B channel. If A & B are used simultaneously the majority of sound is going to the RSL and when its only A, obviously wharfedale, and B only, obviously RSL. But why would most sound come out of the RSL vs the wharfedale when A & B are used together??

I have no experience with your amp (the A-200?), and there are questions about relative efficiency of the speakers, and their impedance. Balance knob? Then again, I am unsure about the one-sided speaker hookup.

I think I'd fix the one, and wait for its mate.

luvvinvinyl said:
I have no experience with your amp (the A-200?), and there are questions about relative efficiency of the speakers, and their impedance. Balance knob? Then again, I am unsure about the one-sided speaker hookup.

I think I'd fix the one, and wait for its mate.

CORRECTION: Sansui A2000 Integrated Amp, haha sorry about that.

You could be right on that, the wharfedale e70's are very efficient speakers, but I don't know how efficient the RSL is.

Back
Top Bottom