Pioneer SX-525, little but likeable

Rx4Pain

Pioneer SX-535, little but likeable

I just wanted to post a quick photo of the SX-535 i recently picked up, cleaned and had tweaked (tuner aligned etc) I think it looks fantastic. The cabinet is like new and I really like the blue dial.

SX-535b.jpg

It is in my home office, and will be connected to a couple of Polk Monitor 60 Series II speakers as of tomorrow.

Ken

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the looks of the 535, I have a 636 and I like the looks of the blue dial, kind of soothing to look at. The receiver sounds good to.

Those baby Pioneers have a sweet sound...I loves my baby brother to your 525...an SX-424...and am thoroughly enjoying the SX-580 in my "it'll do for now" vinyl system.

I have a 535 and it is a looker and with nice sound. All in all, a nice little receiver.

I agree, I think it looks fantastic as well. I'm seriously thinking about picking up a SX626 that's for sale ;)

I have an SX-535 in the dining room that I use daily. Great tuner. One of the best 10-dollar bills I ever spent.

These series of pioneers are one of the best looking to me.After a few years of messing with the big receivers I am rediscovering the sonic beauty of the smaller units.
SX636~cr420~2215b

The 525 is a nice small unit. It was my first receiver and is currently awaiting a pair of outputs and maybe a recap. Great sound in a little box, and although it's only 17 watts, it can get pretty loud. I currently use the 727, the 525's bigger brother, good series of pioneer. In some ways, I prefer the 525, but they are all good.

Also, very cool spy vs spy statues, all it's missing is gore and a big "Kuper":thmbsp:

Haha...thanks on the Spy Vs Spy..I have had those for 20 years....i thought they belonged on the shelf with the 70's receiver...as i enjoyed Mad Magazin big time in the 70's!

Ken

Back
Top Bottom