Which lights are out on this cr620?

NJguy

Just picked this baby up at an estate sale for 40 bucks. Looks like some lights are out but im not sure since i never owned one. Can you tell what out by the photo. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 37
At least one of two lamps are burned. The one behind the right meter, and the one between the meters. They are 12V, 60mA lamps, connected in series. By chance, the dial pointer lamp, which is the most difficult to replace, is good.

Thanks. Do you know if the lamps in the 620 give off what kind of colors on this receiver? I have a smaller s300 that gives a nice green glow. What about the 620?

Or is the 620 just not a pretty-lights type of receiver?

Ps. If the lights on this receiver are in a series how come they didnt all go out?

In the CR620 there is a blue filter that gives a green glow with a filament lamp, wich is almost yellow. If you use white LEDs the final result will be a blue light.

Or is the 620 just not a pretty-lights type of receiver?

Ps. If the lights on this receiver are in a series how come they didnt all go out?

Two lamps in series, in parallel with another set of two lamps in series.

Check the right side tuning meter lights by depressing the "FM Mute" button. It should go off and then back on when you press the button again.

I know a couple lights are out but i get a feeling that based on the ones that are on, this unit is not particularly attractive in the lighting kind of way? Very dim. Theres no wow factor like the smaller r300 that has a great green glow. Am i right?

I know a couple lights are out but i get a feeling that based on the ones that are on, this unit is not particularly attractive in the lighting kind of way? Very dim. Theres no wow factor like the smaller r300 that has a great green glow. Am i right?

Contact Dave at dgwojo.com. He´s also and AK member dgwjo.
Tell him what you have ie. Yamaha CR-620. He will build up a relamp kit for you at a very reasonable cost. And get it shipped to you ASAP.
I would recomend a complete re-lamp .
Dave is my ( go to ) man for lamps.:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom