Fx Fargo series

Got to watch it on my friend's DVR. Although it's not based on the movie (characters are all different) it's good and I'll be watching it!

Wow so many likes. My son and I both were on the same page - just terrible. Come on the town bully remains a bully? Everything was so exaggerated to make the guy such a wuss - completely unrealistic and very far from the original movie that didn't need these gimmicks.
As it said in the beginning it is all true,just names were changed. I know,I never believe this too but the people who did the show basically stated three times that the events happened the way they did. Watch the beginning of the show and yes The Coen brothers are involved so I'm sure some of this stuff was embellished but gee a bully who never grew up that's feasible.

Last edited:
As it said in the beginning it is all true,just names were changed. I know,I never believe this too but the people who did the show basically stated three times that the events happened the way they did. Watch the beginning of the show and yes The Coen brothers are involved so I'm sure some of this stuff was embellished but gee a bully who never grew up that's feasible.

This same disclaimer is at the beginning of the film version. The Coen brothers said in an interview that it was a complete lie and nothing in the film was based on actual events.

This same disclaimer is at the beginning of the film version. The Coen brothers said in an interview that it was a complete lie and nothing in the film was based on actual events.
Got a link to that interview?

Nevermind

Got a link to that interview?
I stand corrected. I found this /

The intro to the movie Fargo claims it's based on a true story. It's not. Why the lie?

I had to write about this exact thing when I was studying film at college - Fargo was one of the films I chose for detailed study. There are a number of reasons that could apply - I seem to remember reading a comment by one of the Coens that it was put in to challenge the fact that people take what they see on TV as gospel. It also echoes the fact that deception and lies are a major theme of the film, and can act as a way of making people feel more empathy for the characters.

I saw the first one yesterday and REALLY liked it. I loved Billy Bob's role in it especially. One thing I was thinking, if Billy Bob took this role as opposed to doing big movies which would usually be his thing, this show must have some great twists and turns coming up. Not to mention all of the other great actors in it. Did anyone else notice Bob Odenkirk playing the part of one of the cops? I wonder if he will be a big part in the series. Should be fun to watch.

Thumbs up! I thought this would be nothing more than a remake of the movie but the story is totally different. That's good. However, as for originality, not so much. The hitman, Billy Bob Thornton, is way too similar to the hitman in "No Country for Old Men".

Big difference- in the movie the wife is murdered for no good reason. In the tv show she is murdered because she just wouldn't shut the hell up. Neither that pleasant to watch.

Bob Odenkirk

I expect his character to be an early casualty people,don't forget they are working on the spin off of Breaking Bad "Better Call Saul" and he is the main character. :thmbsp:

I expect his character to be an early casualty people,don't forget they are working on the spin off of Breaking Bad "Better Call Saul" and he is the main character. :thmbsp:

No conflict. Fargo's been completely shot and they're still doing extras casting here for Better Call Saul.

I watched the first 2 episodes today. I liked it and though the similarities to the movie abound, the TV show seems darker with less humor and the plot less crisp (I suppose they need to stretch the story to 10 episodes). Very worthy TV viewing, though only for those with a taste for a bit of darkness. Billy Bob is a nasty sumbitch, for sure.

Big difference- in the movie the wife is murdered for no good reason. In the tv show she is murdered because she just wouldn't shut the hell up. Neither that pleasant to watch.

Actually, in the movie she pretty much killed herself.

This series will be similar to TRUE DETECTIVE. A new story with different actors each season.

Watched The Hobbit last week, and keep on getting Bilbo Baggins flashbacks everytime I see Martin Freeman....

Back
Top Bottom