KR-7050 Fault Prevention

pcxmbfj

Are there known issues to address on the KR-7050 to extend life?

I run across many threads on other brands and models that have recapping instructions and as I think this will be my main unit was wondering what prevention I should take beyond the Deoxit and cleaning procedures.

If it is 100% functional then clean all the controls and enjoy. I have the 9050 and that's all I did. Works fine to this day. I have had it 10 years.

Clean the controls. Clean the circuit boards. Re-grease the main output transistors on the large heat sink. Set idle current in each channel to 40mA following the service manual directions. Keep your unit well ventilated and enjoy it.

Done the cleaning, never heard about re-greasing the output transistors.
Just what does this entail?
Unit FM mode LED out, every thing else seems to work.
Thanks for the response.

The thermally conductive compound (silicone grease) between the transistor die and heat sink can dry out with age and heat, and lose effectiveness. This can allow the transistor to overheat with resulting damage.

The transistors can be loosened from their mountings, and any mica insulating washers between the transistors and the heat sinks carefully removed. The old dried grease can be cleaned from all surfaces and new grease applied.

KR-6050OutputTransistors.jpg

Back
Top Bottom