KR-9600 Wood Case

Duckhunter

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone lately has had any luck with finding a wood case for a KR-9600. If not, I was also hoping that someone who has one could take some measurements or provide some sort of a template, as I might just need to have an amish craftsman make one for me....

Mike

I would think that if you took the receiver, it does have handles, to the craftsman, he would be able to grab the measurements and make whatever you want. Might need to have the metal cover to accurately position the bolt holes. But you said craftsman and part of that is the skill needed to get the information needed to produce the product.

Very true, just would be a lot easier to bring schematics to them as opposed to the whole receiver haha

Mike

Here's the measurements if they're of any use.

23.15 inches across.
17.4 inches from front to back.
7.9 inches height.
.17 thick wood all around the faceplate (bottom pic).

Picture001_zpse33d4f03.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Picture002_zps92603101.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Picture003_zpsa214f74c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Picture004_zps7465f039.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Picture005_zps3d3398a4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you! I might draw something up...i have a feeling ill be waiting a long time to find one up for sale vs getting one made

Seems like the vents on the bottom make sense as well as far as placement...

Pretty sure that the metal cover is removed when the wood case is used... (never seen a wood version of the 9600 'in person').

Just my opinion, but I think the metal looks WAY better than the cheap looking wood cover. Kenwoods wood cases always looked generic to me (i.e. Eleven, 9600, ect..).

The last one I had had an anodized metal cover on the bottom, totally diff than the stock one.Bottom cover is needed for shock protection or hitting the circuits with something also I UL requires it .. MY .02 Also it seemed to run hotter with the wood cover. No side vents near the regulator bd.

I think i am going to find a way to just draw up some schematics from measurements and have someone make me a good looking cabinet. I hate bothering the few that actually have these cabinets for measurements, but if you are willing to help with alot more measurements than what was (very graciously) given earlier, such as all the slot measurements and the bottom measurements so i can plot it all on a piece of paper, that would be awesome. I would really hate lugging this 50+ lb monster in my car vs a piece of paper, but if thats what i gotta do ill do it...

Mike

Back
Top Bottom