Newest Additions! KR-9600 and KD 550

Duckhunter

Got these for a song!

First up is the KR-9600, whenever I went to look at it, the owner stated that it turned on, however there was no sound from the outputs. Knowing that the outputs on these are unobtanium, I offered him a low price on a gamble to hopefully fix it. Got it home, opened her up and blew her out. Sprayed deoxit on all the pots and switches, turned her on and no sound...so I saw that the "sound Injection" switch was on, and flipped it to off....and she works!!! :banana::banana:

Absolutely amazing tuner and sound from this MONSTER, looking to get it re-capped here soon.

Next was the KD-550, all stock and original, one owner. It works perfectly, the dust cover is in mint condition and even the lift lever works as it should.:banana::banana:

I have a new stylus on its way, and now just need a place to put both of these monsters for my system...

Very excited to have these great Kenwood components!!!

Mike

Attachments

• tt 001.jpg
    tt 001.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 35
  • tt 003.jpg
    tt 003.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 31
  • tt 004.jpg
    tt 004.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 37
  • tt 005.jpg
    tt 005.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 34
  • tt 007.jpg
    tt 007.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 24
It is, but I really want to get it re-capped for my own piece of mind. This is not a receiver I plan on getting rid of anytime soon. I know that the power switch is touchy and have it plugged into a switchable power strip to bypass that issue. Any idea on what a full recap and cleaning would run for one of these? I know the parts list is probably over $100....

Mike

It was a one owner deal on all of it! Thanks for the opinions a few weeks back, just solidified my feelings

Beautiful stuff. :thmbsp: I've gotten rid of almost all of my receivers and there aren't many left out there I'd be interested in owning. The KR-9600 would however be on that short list. Nice turntable as well.

Back
Top Bottom