Yamaha TX-1000 Tuner Problem

Desert Dog

I have a issue with my TX-1000. After it has been turned off for a while, it loses some of the station information call letters that I put in and saved. It has power all the time (it is not on a switched outlet). Sometimes it will lose the station altogether. Any ideas?

Can you post the schematic?
It's possible that a capacitor is used to store memory. The cap may not be holding a charge. Similar to a battery. Just a guess. Looking at the schematic can verify.

It's possible that a capacitor is used to store memory. The cap may not be holding a charge. Similar to a battery. Just a guess. Looking at the schematic can verify.

Wish I had one. I'll see if I can find one. Anybody in the Phoenix area that works on these?

I think it is C154. HFE has a service manual.

Last edited:
my tx 950 lost memory once

I have a issue with my TX-1000. After it has been turned off for a while, it loses some of the station information call letters that I put in and saved. It has power all the time (it is not on a switched outlet). Sometimes it will lose the station altogether. Any ideas?

reprogrammed and it has not lost it since, more than a year ago. Try reprogramming and see if it looses it again before you replace the capacitor

Back
Top Bottom