CR-2040. Any recommended repairs/ mods?

Wertz

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I recently restored a CR-2020 that quickly became my all-time favorite receiver. I'm now in the market for a CR-2040 as my next Yamaha. I can't seem to locate any service bulletins for this unit. Does the 2040 have any necessary or recommended updates/mods?

Thanks!

I recently restored a CR-2020 that quickly became my all-time favorite receiver. I'm now in the market for a CR-2040 as my next Yamaha. I can't seem to locate any service bulletins for this unit. Does the 2040 have any necessary or recommended updates/mods?

Thanks!

Not that I'm aware of.

The 2020 I bought needed numerous updates and repairs. Looks like the 2040 will be good to go! (Although I'll probably get bored and recap the whole thing needlessly) :D

The 2020 I bought needed numerous updates and repairs. Looks like the 2040 will be good to go! (Although I'll probably get bored and recap the whole thing needlessly) :D

One thing that I can think of is the protect relay and relay driver transistors.If this units protect relay "clicks" instantly at power on. The driver transistor is shorted C-E. Also this unit will "pop" at power down if you have burnt out lamps.

Back
Top Bottom