RS 5001e spec sheet?

asilker

Another chapter in asilker's ongoing search for the right floorstanders.

I'm looking at a pair of 5001e's with the emit R and what I believe to be img woofers. There's a lot of info floating around for the 5001's with the emit K and kappa polydomes, but I'm having trouble finding the infinity sheet for the 5001e like I described. Does anyone by chance have this?

[EDIT: these speakers are Reference Five's, not 5001e's.]

The speakers look like this:
f64bcf62e876cfa06498d03a0a46fae9.jpg

Here's the sort of thing I'm hoping to find (this one's for the QE):
9ff07ad8ddc2a57f28abcb3b43aef3a6.jpg

Thanks folks

Last edited:
http://www.infinity-classics.de/models/Reference-x001-E-series-1989/index-Reference-x001E.htm

The speakers you posted contain NOTHING that resembles what is "officially" an RS5001e.
Every driver is different. The cabinets are different. The badges are different.

Are you sure that's the correct model number?

The lister was very specific about "RS 5001e". Honestly though, I'm perplexed. The logo placement would lead me to believe that they aren't Crescendo's...

A bit more searching and I've found that there's another ad in a different city with the name "reference five". This name yields an image search that consistently matches the picture I've posted. Yeesh sorry about that.

Hifi engine says, regarding the Reference Five's:
Specifications
Type: 3 way loudspeaker system
Frequency Response: 40Hz to 40kHz
Recommended Amplifier: 25 to 200W
Crossover Frequency: 300, 4000Hz
Impedance: 6Ω
Sensitivity: 90dB
Year: 1990

yep...

that is what he has...If you can hold out for a pair of 6's they are better...its that speaker but a 4-way design with a mid bass driver...

but nothing wrong with the 5's, at all...

A bit more searching and I've found that there's another ad in a different city with the name "reference five". This name yields an image search that consistently matches the picture I've posted. Yeesh sorry about that.

Hifi engine says, regarding the Reference Five's:
Specifications
Type: 3 way loudspeaker system
Frequency Response: 40Hz to 40kHz
Recommended Amplifier: 25 to 200W
Crossover Frequency: 300, 4000Hz
Impedance: 6Ω
Sensitivity: 90dB
Year: 1990

Hey, not your fault the seller had them mislabeled.
Glad you now know what they are.

Thanks! I found a manual describing how to toe in the speakers as well as the differences between the four, five, six, etc. I'm still hoping to see an Infinity data sheet like the one in the OP with a crossover schematic and driver id numbers.

Perhaps Infinity stopped doing those this late in production? (1990)

^ those are exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks loquatious!

Trying to close a deal on these this weekend. Hopefully his wife doesn't have the baby and I get into town when I'm supposed to lol

Picked them up this morning! Got a great deal. This pair needs a refoam, so my plan is to buy a foam set on shmee-bay. Never done a proper refoam but I'm feeling confident, the drivers aren't scratching.

I'm psyched! Can't wait to pump some power through these bad boys

Last edited:
when sourcing for materials for your refoam, confirm the glue will adhere to the graphite cones. not all adhesives will.

Back
Top Bottom