Restoring my qls1 speakers, woofer surround question for any other qls1 owners.

VINTAGCHRIS

Starting to restore my qls1, I just got my replacement surrounds for my 12 inch woofers from simply speakers.

The surrounds on mine were completely gone when I got them, so I have no reference as to their origonal size, the role size on the new surrounds seems small to me, it measures out just a hair over 1/2 inch, this leaves ro a 1/4 inch between the surround role and the outer foam trim rings, I would have thought these drivers would have had a wider 3/4 inch wide role size to the surround.

Would really appreciate it if any other qls1 owners confirm for me if this is or is not the correct size surround for these drivers.

I'd say the roll should be a bit over 5/8th".

I only purchase surrounds from venders who give exact measurements such as this guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Infinity...817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cadedd91

Measure inner and outer dimensions(inner diameter being most important and check and see if the roll is a reasonable match.
The paper Watkins have a very flat lip while the polys accept a slightly angled lip.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, again as the surrounds were completely removed when I got them, I had no idea what the origonal size was, I ordered the ones they had listed for the qls1, simply speakers has always been good with sizes in the past, having said that though I now realize there were several versions of the 12 inch woofers, which might have had different style surrounds, so i'm still wondering if it should be a 3/4 or 1/2 inch, would like to hear from someone who has a pair of these with the white poly cones to make sure before I go ordering another set.

And also would like to know from others who have these, if the outer edge of the role on their surrounds, go up tight to the outer foam trim rings or if there is a gap and if so ro how much, this would help me to better figure out what I need.

I tried googling pictures of the drivers, but wasn't able to find any that clearly showed me what I needed.

Again any help folks could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom