100th post is a toast to you all

mojoe

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
For my 100th post (a milestone of sorts), I have chosen to toast all you Yamaha enthusiasts. You all collectively, and unknowingly, convinced me to try the Yamaha sound and now I'm hooked. So take a bow you mad Yamahatters and thanks for the music.

Cheers to the Yamaha sound. Most other brands sound colored to me - often bass heavy, which I find quite annoying.

I like the bass heavy sound of my Pioneer SX838 in my unfinished basement/garage. But upstairs, with carpeting and upholstered furnishings, I prefer the "natural sound" of my Yamaha CR620. I've had more powerful Yamahas up there....CR2020, M4, M45. They all sounded great but I tended to expect too much from them and was often disappointed as they went into protection with too much volume (except the 2020 never shut down...just sounded clean but I was afraid to turn it up past 1:00 as it was such a lovely and valuable piece. I sold it to a friend who cranks it and loves it dearly) With the 620, there's plenty of bass and it punches quick and tight. I like that. Mids and highs feel accurate and true to my ears. I don't feel the urge to overdrive it and am perfectly content....for now.

I'll drink to that too! And in honor of your 100 post I will run all 3 of my Yamaha systems at the same time . Congrats !
Rudy .

I am very temped to do the same thing Jedi,
just need 2 pair of Long Patch cords to get to the other two systems.
Me thinks the house could Oscillate!
(if I did it right!)

Back
Top Bottom