Present your Toshiba and Aurex units

My ...new "kid on the block"!

The extra rare Aurex - Toshiba SY-88.
This preamp is excellent for any MM or MC cartridge. It was bought directly from Japan.

Original price on 1977 was 180.000 yien.

p1110707ct.jpg

p1110709s.jpg

The preamplifier is almost new!
A small refreshing only for cleaning contacts and is ready to go!

Before:

p1110715o.jpg

p1110723.jpg

...and after the cleaning!

p1110724u.jpg

p1110727l.jpg

Last edited:
It is very rare because it was never selling on USA or Europe.
Just only for Japanese consumers!
Enjoy some photos of my "new" toy!:yes:

p1110753.jpg

p1110749j.jpg

p1110742zg.jpg

p1110740w.jpg

p1110678u.jpg

p1110728t.jpg

I have the SY 335 preamp and the SC 335 amplifier and the matching Tuner. Bought from an AK member about 3 years ago

Nice stuff ,
I've never owned Toshiba hi fi stuff . I've had one DVD player,2 VCR's and 2 TVs one I still have is brand new I'm good With Toshiba their stuff always worked well for me and was very reliable.
The quality has been similar to Some of the better Sony stuff I've owned definitely not Wall Mart stuff .

Last edited:
Here's a pic of my Toshiba SA-750 receiver. It is a nice middle of the line 50WPC unit that I personally think looks just as good as the Pioneer receivers of the same vintage, such as the SX-750 and SX-850. It sounds pretty good too. But as others have mentioned, the only thing I don't like about it is the cheap vinyl veneer. I may have to put some real walnut on it some day to bring the exterior quality up to the interior quality.

More Toshiba

Reviving this thread as I am a big fan of the old Toshiba gear...

TOSHIBA_STACK_1_SMALL.jpg

Bottom unit SA-304 quadra receiver

Top unit SB-500 stereo amp, just received today and being put through its paces, needs a clean of all switches, case need attention and the fascia is filthy...

Last edited:
The Toshiba and Aurex lines are very uncommon in the USA. Never marketed as well as they should have been. Nothing in my mind wrong with them. Their gear was well built, nicely engineered, and sounded great.

Neither in Europe to be honest, you hardly see them on eBay or Gumtree...

The receiver is what my dad used to own in the 70's, probably part of the reason I like 'em, nostalgia and all that.

As you say, the built quality can't be faulted, rock solid. Sound wise, they are not as good as my Quad system but that is to be expected.

Right now the SB-500 is playing into a pair of restored AR7's, sounds great for an office!

I have a Toshiba SA-850 at 55WPC pushing my Pioneer CS-701 12" 70W speakers below with no sweat. :thmbsp:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

I'm in search for a Toshiba XR-Z70 silver face cd player and a Toshiba SR-510 turntable. I hope i come across at least one of them soon.

Sc-665, SY-665, ST-665

SC-665, SY-665, ST-665. I bought these a few months ago to stick in my garage. Not a bad little set-up. 65 Watts. I bought it because I didn't want to stick anything great out in the garage. Driving a pair of Realistic Optimus 1B speakers I found at a flea market for $17. Have another pair of the 1B speakers that are absolutely mint. The Toshiba gear drives them well. Nice bass. I changed the white meter lights on the amp to green LEDs to match the tuner display. The tuner isn't that great. Looking for a ST-420 now, but haven't found anything anywhere. Also, looking for a Toshiba silver-faced graphic EQ. Did Toshiba make a silver-faced graphic EQ?

Attachments

• Toshiba.jpg
    Toshiba.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 78
I know, it's an old thread but I'll add my Toshiba pictures. Bought these new around 1980. They were my main system for over a decade along with a Toshiba SR-F770 TT (long gone). Really enjoyed the Toshiba Micro components until I lost the right channel. When the right channel died I boxed it all up and have moved them with me more times than a normal person would. I just unboxed it today, hooked it up and viola.....both channels ran....for a while at least. Well, time to fix it or ..or....or.....

Model numbers: amplifier SC-M15, preamp SY-C15, tuner ST-F15

Attachments

• DSCF3169.jpg
    DSCF3169.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF3170.jpg
    DSCF3170.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Resurrecting this thread...I'm interested in seeing anyone else's Toshiba goodies! I love my Sc-665 I just picked up.

Where are the turntables?

Here's a shot of my SR-355. Picked it up last year. I need to clean the pots and get a better cart but she holds speed well and sounds very nice. Wow after looking at the pic I noticed she needs a good cleaning too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 45
I am a huge fan of the SC-335 amplifier and am still actively looking for a clean operational one. For a small power amp, it had the balls of an elephant and I used to drive Realistic Mach 1's with one back in the early 80s

+1
The SC-335, very nice sounding and conservatively rated at 40 WPC; it actually pumps out ~65 WPC in real life! It will receive a complete restoration/upgrade similar to its SY-335 sibling: metal film resistors, low ESR caps and signal path films, and a heatsink mounted bias/thermal tracking modification (replaces the poor-performing diode string that is installed on the board). A real wolf in sheep's clothing.

Here is my Toshiba SA 620 receiver. It sounds very good and is the one receiver that doesn't need equalizer enhancement.
It does need to be re-veneered sometime.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom