Lets See All Them Axes

Latest addition to the stable, Reverend Charger 290. My brother and I both bought Revs at a guitar show a number of years ago. I bought a Jetstream 390, but eventually traded it for something else. My brother decided to sell this one, so I took him up on his offer. Great playing and sounding guitar!

Here's my new candy apple red Tele, I just got a new Fender body for it and rebuilt
it. It has nice old parts in it, the bridge pup is from 1974, the bridge itself
is from the late 60's and the pot's, cap, socket and wires are from the 60's
as well. it sure does sound nice.

Attachments

• DSC_7820.jpg
    DSC_7820.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 18
Here's my new candy apple red Tele, I just got a new Fender body for it and rebuilt
it. It has nice old parts in it, the bridge pup is from 1974, the bridge itself
is from the late 60's and the pot's, cap, socket and wires are from the 60's
as well. it sure does sound nice.

Very beautiful.

Here is my new strat and amplifier - I'm in tone heaven :banana: :banana:

IMG_2681_zps085c5a3a.jpg

IMG_2677_zpsb4f8135f.jpg

Hello, all

Here's one of my fiddles, A Peavy EVH from 2001, bought new. Sings like nothing else and has radioactive pickups, ah ah!

Another one, a simple, Epi LP with a more subdued personality; ideal to play more classic rock tunes.

I'm definitely a strat guy first and foremost, but I've been playing these two quite a bit lately. Both are Korean-made Ibanez guitars that have upgraded pickups. I refinished the second one with Tru Oil.

Love the shaded-top bond Telecaster. I had a '71 or '72 bound 'burst Esquire, wish I'd done a better job of hanging on to that specimen. She was a beaut. Problem for me was if the Esquire had come equipped with a single neck, as opposed to bridge PUP, I might have kept @ it. Same w/ Strats: I have only ever engaged the neck PUPs on Fender geetars. Never had such an issue w/ single bridge PUPed Gibsons (LP Jrs, Firebird I). Just the Fenders.

In any event, your JD Tele is very pleasing to the eye. :thmbsp: How does she sound through the silver-faced DR?

My MIJ JD Telecaster with my '68 Deluxe Reverb. Tone heaven, baby!!

_MG_5956%20copy.jpg

:music:

In any event, your JD Tele is very pleasing to the eye. How does she sound through the silver-faced DR?

It's always sounded delicious! Sounds even better now. I recently recapped the DR, put in a set of matched NOS 6v6s and did a bias job. I'm running the new tubes at 26ma and the amp just sings. This is my "minimal pedal amp" - usually just an old DynaComp > Fulltone Fulldrive II > Dunlop UniVibe > Echoplex EP-3. Don't need any more than that with this particular amp :thmbsp:

'52 Gibson ES-295 with 1954 5C1 "Champ Amp." Cool little combination. I need to clean the pots in the 295, but I'm afraid to pull the pickups...

_MG_8600%20copy.jpg

Not enough acoustics in this thread!
Here's my 1977 Yamaha L6. This guitar was hand made in a small shop, separate from Yamaha's mass production factory. Never imported to the USA. This guitar was originally purchased in Japan by a longshoreman. All solid woods, Ezo Spruce top, Indian Rosewood back and sides.
YamahaL6Front_zps17071ec8.jpg

YamahaL6Back_zps22f02b5a.jpg

Not enough acoustics in this thread!
Here's my 1977 Yamaha L6. This guitar was hand made in a small shop, separate from Yamaha's mass production factory. Never imported to the USA. This guitar was originally purchased in Japan by a longshoreman. All solid woods, Ezo Spruce top, Indian Rosewood back and sides.
YamahaL6Front_zps17071ec8.jpg

YamahaL6Back_zps22f02b5a.jpg

That is gorgeous!!!

Back
Top Bottom